Medical Billing Specialist
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity?
We currently have a full-time opening for a Medical Billing Specialist in our Tempe, AZ office. If you are looking for a fast paced environment where you can make a difference every day, then this is the opportunity for you! The Medical Billing Specialist will assist patients and their caretakers with any non-medical question or concern.
Your day will be very busy you will be:
- Coordinates and facilitates new orders from the field representatives.
- Performs verification of benefits; contacts patients to inform them of their benefits and collects co-Insurance.
- Serves as point of contact for sales and service representatives on such things as updates to orders, patient communication and account issues to address.
- Performs order entry into Breg Claim System (BCS).
- May perform prior and retro authorizations.
- Administrative tasks may include tending to mail, overnight shipping, fax, copy, scan, file, office supplies, general correspondence and the like to ensure efficient office operations.
The right person to join our team is... dependable, honest, hard-working person who enjoys teamwork and is a positive influence on others. Someone who is detail oriented, focused on accuracy, can follow systems, is able to multi-task and communicate effectively. Someone who has regular and punctual attendance. This person will also demonstrate ownership and accountability; demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
What your background will be:
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred and 2+ years applicable experience.
- Working knowledge of medical insurance/medical terminology; insurance cards and major medical benefits; insurance rules and contracts.
- Computer proficient to include web browser/internet search, MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point capabilities. Technical competence includes the ability to learn new software and systems.
For five consecutive years Breg has been awarded The National Business Research Institute (NBRI) Circle of Excellence Awardfor employee engagement ANDBreg has been awarded as one of the Best Places to work in San Diego in 2014 by The U-T San Diego Top Workplaces
If you meet the requirements above and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.breg.com and click on the Careers section.
Breg is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.