Knightingale Health Services, LLC is a fresh, dedicated healthcare staffing company that specializes in temp-to-hire, locums, and direct hire opportunities in healthcare staffing for major, local, federal and national hospitals and home health facilities. We strive to hire the best possible Healthcare Professional for our clients while building long-lasting relationships with our candidates! We are currently seeking 1 motivated Medical Doctor for a Federal Prison in Lompoc, CA!
Requirements to be considered for the position
- Must be an American Citizen
- Must be Board Certified
- Must have two years or more experience within the last 2 years
- Must have an Active License within any State
- Must have Active and current Certifications
- All Immunizations must be up to date including TB and Hepatitis B vaccination
- No Hits on License (No exceptions with the Government)
- Must have graduated from an Accredited Medical School or Program
- 1 year of more experience in a correctional facility (preferred) not (required)
To be discussed over the phone
Hours of Operation:
The work schedule will normally consist of 40 sessions per week occurring
excluding Federal Holidays. Each daily schedule will include a 30-minute unpaid lunch break.
- Provides Primary Health care for inmate population to include the following:
- Provides a wide range of emergency services, in the absence of the Clinical Director, including primary care for trauma and life –saving procedures.
- Performs minor surgical procedures such as: incision and drainage; suturing of lacerations; removal of cysts; and removal/repair of ingrown toe nails after consultation with the physician.
- Interprets prescriptions and dispenses products as prescribed. Prior to dispensing, must call attention to any synergistic, antagonistic and cumulative effects.
- Works collaboratively with the physician and consulting physicians in planning, instituting, evaluating and revising program plans; assists in determining conditions, resources and policies essential to delivery of the health care services.
- Evaluates total health care needs of patients and develops plans to meet these needs.
- Assists with the education, training and development of other health care personnel.
- The contract employee may be required to submit to testing for/or provide evidence acceptable to the medical officer or his/her designee of recent testing for tuberculosis of other communicable diseases. Failure to submit to testing for or providing acceptable evidence of recent testing for or immunity to selected communicable diseases shall be grounds for denying access to inmates.
- The contract employee shall immediately inform, in writing to the Health Services Administrator or Assistant Health Services Administrator any adverse action taken by any regulatory body involving certification.
- This includes, but is not limited to, suspensions, revocations, restrictions on licensure as a licensed practical nurse.
The contractor shall provide a Physician whom is free of communicable diseases. Any individual who subsequently develops a medical condition which might reasonably be expected to place other worker, inmates, or the public at risk shall be immediately removed from affected activities. In any such case, the contractor shall be responsible, at no additional cost to the institution, for securing the services of any replacement personnel required to perform this contract
To Be Considered for the Opportunity, Please Submit the Required Documents below via email, to move forward:
- Updated CV
- 3 Professional References
- BLS/ACLS Certification (Front & Back)
- Board Certification
- State License