The Medical Lab Science Program Educator teaches, coordinates and evaluates student learning experiences to attain the highest quality outcomes in the didactic and clinical phases of the Medical Laboratory Science (MLS) program and other education activities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Develops course and curriculum content to help ensure a quality educational experience for students in all aspects of the MLS program and other education activities.
- Assesses existing curriculum to be able to offer informed input as to its effectiveness, as requested.
- Prepares instructional materials, as needed, that are thorough and appropriate to the area of MLS.
- Consults with the Medical Laboratory Science Program Director, Medical Advisor and laboratory staff on a regular basis concerning the clinical and medical content and activities of the program.
- Teaches and evaluates the outcomes of student learning experiences to ensure an optimal educational experience.
- Conducts student learning experiences and lectures that are informative, relevant, current and interesting for the students.
- Maintains accurate records of student activities and evaluations.
- Counsels students periodically and when needed to ensure their success and quality development.
- Maintains and updates knowledge and skills in specialty areas to remain current at all times.
- Attends meetings concerning the program and profession, as needed.
- Maintains required supplies and equipment to ensure that all needed items are consistently available.
- Manages projects related to academic development of students.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- 5 years of experience as a Medical Laboratory Scientist, to include at least 2 years of experience teaching.
- Clinical experience in two or more laboratory disciplines (e.g. Blood Bank and Hematology) preferred.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop curriculum and study materials.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Management skills including the ability to supervise, mentor, motivate, counsel, interview and select students.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's
- EXPERIENCE - 5 Years of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS), Medical Technologist (MT): Must have a Medical Lab Scientist or Medical Technologist certification through ASCP.