Medical Lab Scientist 2
St. Luke's Health System in
is seeking a Medical Lab Scientist 2 to join our
The Medical Lab Scientist 2 is responsible for performing routine tests in clinical laboratories for use in treatment and diagnosis of diseases. Handles moderately complex issues and problems and possesses solid working knowledge of subject matter. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A general degree of creativity and latitude is required. May act as a mentor/trainer to junior members of team.
- Tests specimens in an accurate, organized and prioritized manner following laboratory procedures and policies to ensure quality and time guidelines in accordance with all regulatory agency requirements.
- Collects a variety of specimens as required by specific section needs, with skill and sensitivity to needs of the patient.
- Ensures specimens are properly identified, collected, labeled and stored.
- Performs instrument maintenance according to section procedures.
- May provide mentorship & training to others.
- Maintains inventory of supplies.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment.
- Follows department policy maintaining all necessary records and documentation.
- Ensures input is accurate and complete.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelorof Science degree.
- Experience: 2years' experience.
- Certification: Must haveone of the following:
- Blood Banking (ASCP_BB)
- Chemistry (ASCP_C)
- Cytogenetics (CYGT)
- Hematology (ASCP_H)
- Microbiology (ASCP_M)
- Molecular Biology (ASCP_MB)
- Medical Lab Scientist(ASCP_MLS)
- Medical Technologist (ASCP_MT or AMT_MT)
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.