Medical Office Manager
Medical Office Manager
The Medical Office Manager will oversee staff, programs, and plays an active role in coordinating day-to-day operations. You would be the key person to assess, train, and utilize the new billing platform, EMR or ChartLogic. You’d be will be the lead trainer for the new EMR database. You will be assuring that all billing and collections work in office is on time and on track. You’d generate reports weekly, and delegate work as necessary. The Medical Office Manager will supervise 20-25-part time and full time employees and report the CEO. BASIS Medical’s mission is to improving health, wellbeing and performace in the community. Basis is unique because the practice provides a holistic approach to healing under one roof. BASIS offers programs inclusive of the entire community, with specialization in: physical therapy, Acupuncture, Chiropractic medicine, and medical alternative addiction and treatment. We offer of these services (and much more) under one roof, to better support our community. The Medical Office Manager should be a positive team oriented person with a can do attitude, who enjoys solving problems and supports a positive office culture. We have a brand new state of the art facility, which includes: gym, therapeutic rooms, physical therapy space, massage space.
Medical Office Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Acts as the manager for the three major areas: gym, physical therapy, multi-discipline public practice.
- Supervises and coaches FT office staff in customer service, service delivery, and patients' satisfaction,
- Oversee billing and assure compliance with collection processes
- Office scheduling and oversee training
- Supervises all frontline part time and full time staff.
- Ensures Staff are trained on HIPPA, confidentially of HIPPA, and of treatment information.
- Trains and implements all office policies.
- Oversee patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Oversee or delegate business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Acts as lead and a key team player in the case a patient emergency.
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing team projects
- Other duties as assigned.
Medical Office Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- Associates Degree, plus 1 year of professional management level experience in medical office setting.
- Knowledge of EMR electronic billing,
- Proven professional experience in staff training,
- Prefer 4-year degree in related profession
- 5 years’ professional management in medical office experience is preferred
- 3 years of professional experience hiring, coaching, rewarding and exiting staff,
- Other skills necessary to success: Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Telephone Skills, Customer Service, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Scheduling, Word Processing, Professionalism, Quality Focus.
Pay and Benefits
Full Time salaried position with BASIS health benefits plan. Starting pay based on qualifications and experience.
Resume and CoverLetterto: resumes@BASISwholebody.com