Are you passionate about discovering, developing and bringing more innovative medicines to help patients?
Idorsia's purpose is to discover, develop and bring more innovative medicines to help patients. Idorsia is an independent biopharmaceutical company specializing in the development of small molecules to meet significant unmet medical needs. With a diverse clinical development pipeline, Idorsia is working to treat Insomnia, Fabry, Cerebral Vasospasm, Resistant Hypertension and Lupus.
The Medical Science Liaison is responsible for liaising with internal and external customers as a field-based scientific and clinical expert who strategically supports the medical objectives of Idorsia's programs. The MSL is responsible for identifying, developing and managing peer-to-peer relationships with a variety of healthcare providers.
This MSL will be accountable to engage in high quality scientific exchange about the science and clinical application of the portfolio. This engagement occurs through scientific interactions with external stakeholders, delivers support to clinical development colleagues and investigators conducting clinical trials, and offers scientific support for internal stakeholders. Medical Science Liaisons are expected to interact with and provide value to and across a continuum of both Internal and External Stakeholders (R&D, Sales, and Marketing). The Idorsia MSL will be a credible representative of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals in a variety of interactions with KOL's across their assigned region.
- Develop relationships with health care professionals and provide them with credible, fair and balanced scientific information about Idorsia and its products, research activities, and Idorsia product development while understanding their perspectives, including challenges when treating patients.
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders to build and execute comprehensive, dynamic territory planning with respect to the molecule, molecule life cycle and therapeutic area and territory.
- Act as a therapeutic area and product expert as evidenced by regular review of relevant literature, participation in scientific congresses and conferences, and internal therapeutic area training, and to develop competitive intelligence on other products in the therapeutic area.
- Assist in conductance of internal training and communication with the medical, brand team, and territory managers. Knowledge sharing, including KOL and site profiling, and education both internally and externally will be a key area of responsibility.
- Assist the medical affairs team in the identification of potential investigators and research projects. This may include assistance with investigator sponsored trial process, sponsored study site identification, recruitment strategies, and collaboration with clinical operations.
The successful candidate must be a skilled relationship developer, employ an entrepreneurial spirit, and passionately embody the Idorsia mission:
- Excellent interpersonal communication, presentation and networking skills. Able to participate in a scientific dialogue with KOL's and researchers.
- Excellent teaching skills and ability to present and discuss scientific material clearly and concisely and proven ability to create and sustain relationships with industry leaders.
- Skilled in clinical research and an understanding of the process of pharmaceutical product development and approval.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and work effectively with minimal supervision in a constantly changing environment.
- Required: MD, PhD, PharmD or NP with CV clinical practice experience, accompanied by a minimum of 2-4 years in a Medical Science Liaison (MSL) role or relevant clinical setting
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)