CSL Behring is a biopharmaceutical company, manufacturing plasma-derived and recombinant therapeutic products and providing them to people in more than 100 countries. Its line of therapies includes products for the treatment of bleeding disorders such as hemophilia and von Willebrand Disease; primary immune deficiencies (PIDD); hereditary angioedema; inherited respiratory disease; and neurological disorders in certain markets. The company's products are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation, burn treatment and to prevent hemolytic diseases in the newborn
As a field-based medical expert, the MSL supports CSL Behring's products and therapeutic areas by advancing scientific and collaborative relationships and acting as a conduit for timely knowledge exchange with key members of external healthcare communities and internal stakeholders towards optimized patient outcomes. The MSL function in general is knowledge-based, anchored in educating internal and external stakeholders in the science behind, and safe and appropriate use of our products. The MSL supports the generation of medical-scientific knowledge and applies subject matter expertise and experience to special projects. This opportunity with our Immunology team will entail a focus on the planning and implementation of clinical-scientific knowledge exchange regarding PID, CIDP and HAE with allergy, immunology, and neurology clinicians.
- Acquire and maintain a level of medical-scientific knowledge in the assigned therapeutic area(s) and/or disease state(s) related to CSL Behring's products. Accurately and compliantly interpret and disseminate balanced and factual scientific, clinical, and health economic data. Gather and evaluate new information as it applies to CSL Behring's products and areas of therapeutic interest.
- Identify appropriate regional Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) with which to develop professional relationships to ensure exchange of medical-scientific information relevant to CSL Behring's products and areas of therapeutic interest.
- Deliver approved educational programs to relevant healthcare audiences (e.g. HCPs, Managed Care Organizations, Specialty Pharmacies, etc.).
- Provide areas of interest and general high-level information regarding CSL Behring's Investigator Study (IIS) Program process in response to unsolicited requests. Monitor and communicate progress for those IISs approved and supported.
- Gather, translate, and communicate actionable, strategy-aligned insights from scientific, educational, and conference setting interactions
- Attend scientific and medical meetings.
- Deliver approved educational programs and training to relevant internal functions.
- Doctoral level degree in a Medical and/or scientific field is preferred.
- Degree in a Medical and/or scientific field with strong relevant experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years in the pharmaceutical industry or healthcare experience is required.
- Prior MSL experience is required.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a dynamic, field-based environment.