Medical Secretary- POOL
The Medical Secretary is primarily responsible for performing a variety of difficult and highly responsible secretarial duties in a manner that is consistent with hospital Mission, Vision and Values as well as policies and procedures. Provides general administrative support for the respiratory care department by maintaining data bases, preparing documents, answering phones, completing patient s billing, managing / preparing payroll, ordering materials and supplies, filing and secretarial duties.
High School Diploma or Equivalent or Higher
1 Year technical/vocational school emphasis in medical terminology.
3 Years of General Secretary Experience
Ability to type 60 words per minute.
Strong computer usage skills
Strong Word and Excel familiarity.
Must possess knowledge of electronic databases.
Performs secretarial duties and responsibilities necessary for efficient operation of department
- Demonstrates proficiency in operating office equipment. Correctly uses equipment and supplies, minimizes waste as possible. Assists in maintaining a safe, orderly, and neat work area. Monitors supplies inventory, and orders accordingly. Demonstrates effective computer skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Properly schedules and registers patients
- Assists in administrative operations by gathering statistical, financial, and personnel data. Assists Director in the coordination of various activities for departments. Assist Director in reviewing, revising, or entering Policy & Procedures
- Acts as resource model for other team members as needed by providing help and accurate information when requested. Accepts and performs other duties as assigned.
- Accepts responsibility for attending staff meetings, recording/reviewing meeting minutes and all other departmental communications. Correctly receives sorts, distribute, and dispatches mail.
- Courteously receives and greets patients and visitors Uses correct phone etiquette when communicating over the telephone. Promotes positive relations between department staff, other departments, patients, visitors, physicians and outside agencies. Recognizes situations which necessitate supervision/ guidance and seeks appropriate resources in a timely manner.
- Assists with development and implementation of staff schedules; makes recommendations on daily assignment adjustments as necessary.
- Monitors personnel records relating to attendance, overtime, wage and salary adjustments.
- Reviews and extracts on daily/weekly/monthly basis volume data and other quality assurance information; reflects findings in needed QA reports
- Correctly enters patient charges/ make credit adjustments as needed
- Files and maintains department copies for future reference. Maintains medical and administrative files in current and organized fashion.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links:
E-Verify Participation Poster: English | Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish