At Kaiser Permanente, our focus on total health allows us to work as one. As one team driven by talented, passionate health care professionals. One community focused on making healthy choices. One organization using the latest innovations and most advanced care to serve 12.5 million people across the country. If you’re looking for an opportunity to make a real difference in each member’s mind, body, and spirit, join us at the heart of health care.
Lone Tree, Colorado
***Salary: $36.01 - $40.87***
May be entitled to translation/bilingual, shift or other wage premiums as governed by the applicable collective bargaining agreement. Please refer to the respective collective bargaining agreement for additional information on such wage premiums: https://www.lmpartnership.org/local-contracts."
Works independently and performs a wide range of medical laboratory tests and procedures to provide data for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. Guides, trains, and may provide leadership to students, clinicians and technical staff. Has knowledge of and adheres to all related regulatory requirements. Reports to the department or facility Laboratory Clinical Manager.
- This position, knows and complies with all Kaiser Permanente quality, safety, and emergency policies and procedures. Demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice in every interaction with patients, colleagues, providers, and leadership. Ensures patient safety in the preparation and provisioning of care related to but not limited to medications, procedures, infection prevention, fall prevention, including consistent use of two patient identifiers and procedural time outs. Reports safety hazards, accidents and incidents, and unsafe working conditions promptly.
- Performs and reports accurate and timely clinical laboratory tests in various sections of the laboratory. Maintains accurate documentation in accordance with accrediting body and laboratory policy. Analyzes and appraises lab results relative to each other and to the pertinent QC data. Solves problems and makes independent decisions. Assists others with more difficult procedures or interpretations. Recognizes various age-related needs and provides age-appropriate care as indicated. Trains and orients new employees. Provides patient, provider and staff education.
- Participates in quality assurance activities. Performs and documents quality control. Recognizes and resolves variances from normal. Documents quality improvement activities according to protocol. Manages variance log processes and updates database. Assists clinicians in resolving quality concerns. Collaborates with supervisor to identify, develop and implement process improvements.
- Performs QC review as scheduled and recognizes and resolves deviations from QC rules. Investigates, resolves, and documents exceptions to proficiency surveys.
- Oversees and implements new method startup and correlation studies. Writes and revises standard operating procedures in accordance with regulations.
- Functions as a point of reference on clinical laboratory matters for other laboratory staff.
- Performs preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, calibration and makes minor repairs to instrumentation.
- Performs specimen collection procedures and processes specimens for tracking and transport as needed.
- Uses personal protective equipment appropriately and demonstrates safe work practices in accordance with laboratory and company policy. Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Contributes to a cost-effective laboratory operation and helps maintain an adequate supply inventory.
- Assists manager in scheduling and finding replacement staff as needed. Participates in interviewing and selecting potential candidates for hiring. Prepares for and participates in the accrediting body inspection process. Reviews test results in accordance with regulatory guidelines. Oversees point-of-care testing areas and ensures compliance with accrediting agencies.
- Uses computer systems as required and according to company and departmental procedures.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills. Has positive customer interactions and demonstrates good service recovery skills. Conducts him/herself in accordance with the principles of the Labor Management Partnership.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current certification as a Medical Technologist (MT)/Medical Lab Scientist(MLS) registered with or currently eligible for registry as a Medical Technologist (MT)/Medical Lab Scientist (MLS) with the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or ASCP equivalent. Must obtain certification within twelve (12) months of hire.
For immediate consideration, please visit http://kp.org/careers for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 1036362.
Kaiser Permanente is n equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
Discover what it’s like to be part of an industry-leading organization driving innovative care and technology. Get social with us and see what people are saying!
Glassdoor and LinkedIn: Kaiser Permanente
Facebook: Kaiser Permanente Thrive
YouTube: Kaiser Permanente Careers