Anne Arundel County Mental Health Agency Mental Health Stabilization Service Interventionist
Seeking energetic, detail-oriented self-starter with ability to prioritize multiple tasks to work as a collaborating member of the care team; including providing an 8- week stabilization service to children, adolescents and their families who require more intensive intervention in order to promote family preservation, and/or to stabilize the child’s placement and return functioning to previous established levels as soon as possible. This position works collaboratively with the Crisis Response teams and the Department of Social Services. MHSS services include crisis intervention, stabilization visits, client advocacy, crisis prevention and incident diffusion, and client stabilization.
- Two years of related work experience in mental health and substance use disorder
- Master’s in Social Work or Master’s in Counseling Psychology
- LMSW or MSW required
- Extensive knowledge of public and private mental health providers and community resources
- Knowledge of acute medical, psychiatric and substance use symptoms, diagnoses, and treatments
- Strong assessment (risk, suicidal, crisis intervention and diagnostic) and counseling skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a team setting
- Ability to maintain effective and professional relationships with clients and others
- Excellent interpersonal skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This position is full-time and offers a competitive salary as well as an excellent benefits package.