The Manager of Government Finance is responsible for the review of cost reports for the supported entity or entities. Assists Reimbursement Manager(s) and management of supported entities in determining effects of reimbursement issues. Serves as a consultant on reimbursement issues to the entities supported. Provides assistance regarding reimbursement issues in the annual Baylor Health Care System (BHCS) audit for the supported entities. Proactively establishes and maintains a working relationship with Senior Management and Department Directors to facilitate involvement in and support of new programs and projects within BHCS. Plans and supervises the workflow to achieve the objectives of Reimbursement Services. Plans and supervises the education and development of the department staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Reviews cost reports to ensure completeness, accuracy, and relevance.
- Provides consulting assistance related to reimbursement issues.
- Communicates relevant reimbursement information to Management.
- Coordinates with Financial Services to determine the proper accounting for contractual allowances.
- Assists in preparation of the budgeting process for supported entities as it relates to contractual allowances.
- Actively participates in the annual BHCS audit.
- Proactively solicits input and feedback regarding client service expectations from all entities supported.
- Assists in educating the Financial Staff and Management on reimbursement issues.
- Supervises and develops Professional and Clerical Staff.
- Provides meaningful and timely evaluations to Professional and Clerical Staff supervised.
BENEFITS - Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's Degree OR H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent plus 9 years of experience.
- EXPERIENCE - 5 years of experience