Job Description & Requirements
Microvascular Plastic Surgeon in Tennessee
The University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC) in Memphis seeks a physician to serve as an Assistant/Associate Professor & Plastic Surgeon, Microsurgery, as they expand their growing plastic surgery team. The successful candidate will perform reconstructive microsurgery and have the desire and skills to help with the department's growth. The ideal candidate has completed an ACGME-accredited Plastic Surgery residency, is ABPS board-eligible or board-certified, and/or has completed a microsurgery fellowship.
- Build your practice quickly – a strong community need and high caseloads will allow you to be very busy
- Leadership opportunity and clinical educator role
- Join a growing program with solid resources and support
- Rare opportunity for a plastic surgeon who specializes in microsurgery
- Develop a microsurgery practice based on your interests
- UT is a large research facility, and clinical and other research opportunities are available if desired
- Faculty duties include teaching medical students, residents, fellows, and other healthcare professionals
Community Information – Memphis, TN – Enjoy No State Income Tax
Memphis ranks among mid-sized cities with the lowest cost of living in the country. Rich in history, Memphis boasts a revitalized and historic downtown bustling with retail, award-winning restaurants, breweries, nightlife, and family activities. It is home to a world-renowned music, theater, and arts scene, as well as exciting sports events with an NBA team, multiple colleges, AA baseball, and professional USL soccer. The extensive Mississippi Riverfront provides endless outdoor activities, including hiking, fishing, and boating.
- A top city to live in Tennessee (US News & World Report)
- Tennessee is a Best Place to Practice 2022 (Medscape)
- Pleasurable year-round weather, beautiful parks, the Mississippi River, and plenty of lakes and trails??
- Healthcare hub of the Midsouth with a growing local economy
- Diverse, welcoming community, robust sports town, family-friendly activities
- No state income tax
About the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Plastic Surgeon, Plastic Surgery, Surgeon, Surgery, Cosmetic Surgeon, Cosmetic Surgery, Physician, Healthcare, Health Care, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical, Doctor, Md