Date: Aug 23, 2021
Location: Memphis, TN, US
Company: Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
Under the direction of a licensed Medical Technologist, the Medical Laboratory Technician II is responsible for performing, evaluating, and reporting of technical laboratory procedures on patient specimens for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. Follows established procedures to ensure laboratory quality control and compliance with professional standards of practice. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values
Associates degree, Medical Laboratory Technician (may include those who were grandfathered from CLA).
At least three (3) years relevant experience as a Medical Laboratory Technician.
- Current National Registry as a Medical Laboratory Technician through ASCP or AMT
- Must become licensed as a Medical Laboratory Technician in the state of Tennessee within six months of date of hire.
Current licensure as Medical Laboratory Technician in the state of Tennessee.
- Demonstrated competency in routine testing in assigned Laboratory area.
- Ability to effectively relate and communicate with internal and external customers.
- Basic knowledge of laboratory information systems.
- Ability to organize tasks and projects work without close supervision to complete tasks.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Under the direction of a licensed Medical Technologist, performs accurate and appropriate testing of specimens received in the laboratory, according to established laboratory protocol and procedures.
- Under the direction of a licensed Medical Technologist, reports test results in a timely manner according to established laboratory protocols.
- Follows established procedures for laboratory quality control, ensures compliance with regulatory requirements, quality standards, compliance activities, and policies and procedures.
- Effectively manages resources such as productivity, supplies, instruments and equipment. Plans work and completes job responsibilities in an efficient and productive manner.
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: medium work - exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 25 lbs. of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity including color, depth perception, and field of vision to perform an activity, such as assessing patients, preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
- Frequent invasive and non-invasive patient contact.
- Exposure to patient body fluids as well as exposure to hazardous or poisonous materials.
- Ability to react quickly to emergency situations.
Job Segment: Medical Technologist, Medical, Laboratory, Medical Lab, Law, Healthcare, Science, Legal