Mobile App Development Engineer
The Mobile App Development Engineer will work with the Simbex Software Engineering team to develop mobile applications. The Engineer will be engaged in all steps of the product development lifecycle process, including: specification development, design, development, and analysis of complex mobile applications. Essential Functions
- Guided by senior engineering staff, help architect/design/develop mobile applications;
- Write clean, portable, scalable, documented, and sustainable code for mobile applications;
- Develop and maintain software development documents including documents related to software development planning, requirements, specifications, and verification;
- Assist with product development in multiple disciplines (Mobile, Web, and Cloud);
- Actively participate in tasks that include product conceptualization, prototyping, test and evaluation, and designs;
- Assist with the development and execution of product life-cycle management plan;
- Assist product development teams with research and technology development activities;
- Work closely with Project Manager and other team members to meet project goals within established financial, time, and quality parameters;
- Assist with assessment and development of novel technical solutions to support and inform future product development strategies or opportunities for improvement within Simbex;
- Be a key contributor in meeting Simbex goals and objectives with a commitment to our core values of passion, integrity, openness, innovation, agility, and social responsibility.
- Three or more years of experience developing native mobile applications for Android using Java or Kotlin and/or iOS using Swift or Objective;
- BS in software engineering, or related field;
- Experience in developing mobile and web applications using modern cloud architectures;
- Knowledge of IoT products and solutions including data acquisition, Bluetooth, and data processing in cloud;
- Experience with building CI/CD pipelines;
- Basic understanding of the agile development process and DevOps practices;
- Experience with cloud design patterns and containers is a plus;
- Ability to analyze business direction and problems, understand long term vision and risk in developing strategic technical solutions;
- Knowledge of APIs, UIs, infrastructure, data architecture, security, and new technologies.
- Ability to develop applications with Objective-C, Java, Kotlin, Swift, ReactNative, Node.js, PostgreSQL, or ManogDB;
- Passionate about innovation and bringing game-changing new products to market, and be creative and driven to solve complex problems.