Mobile Software Engineer II
A day in the life
- Work with a small agile team to design and develop mobile applications in an iterative fashion.
- Work with a tight-knit group of development team members in Seattle, as well as colleagues in Plymouth Meeting and Prague.
- Develop Android applications with use of Android Studio, GitHub, Gradle toolchain, CI/CD, Firebase, as well as internal and external APIs and AWS.
- Marry business APIs with UX designs to build performant UI using Kotlin and Java, and Material Design principles.
- Work to deploy and support our software using cloud services and tools Google Play, Firebase Crashlytics and App Distribution.
- Contribute to best practices and help guide the future of our application technologies.
- Productize our tools to help create an application platform which can be used to create new applications and features quickly and consistently.
- Work with product management, UX, and services teams to help bring our ambitious vision to life.
- Interface with our internal users and beta testers to gather feedback and troubleshoot issues.
What we are looking for
- 3+ years of experience in building Android applications.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other STEM field; OR equivalent combination of experience, work and/or education in lieu of a degree.
- Required: adept in Java and Kotlin.
- Knowledge of best practices of the Android platform, including MVVM, use of Jetpack and 3rd-party libraries, dependency injection, Material Design.
- Deep understanding and effective use of Git, the Gradle build system, Android Studio IDE, ADB, and Google Play toolchain.
- Excellent technical documentation written skills, with clear, concise, and logically organized documents that can explain complicated and complex topics with clarity and transparency.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail and data quality.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams