You know, there's impact and then there's YOUR impact. Join us at Optum and discover a new sense of purpose and pride as you work on applications that help create benefits for millions of people. Optum, part of UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is bringing technology, data and people together to help shape health care performance across the globe. So bring your solid track record for innovation and accomplishment as a high level .NET Developer to an organization where the challenges are greater and every day is an opportunity to do more.
Want to know more?
- Work independently to develop .Net applications that exceed customer expectations
- Work with business analysts to understand application requirements
- Design, develop, test, implement, and maintain application software working with established processes
- Design and implement database changes that scale to meet business expansion
- Optimize database queries to handle millions of records
- Recommend new ways to improve operational efficiency and work with business teams to implement these ideas
- Identify production and non-production application issues
- Provide technical support and consultation for .Net application and infrastructure questions
- Reviews the work of others
- Develops innovative approaches
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of .NET applications development experience (VB.NET highly preferred)
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server database design and query optimization
- Exposure to AGILE methodologies
- Prior experience working with Business Analysts and testers
- Available office location for this role is the West Valley City, UT office only
- Banking or health care industry experience
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: .NET Developer, west valley city, UT, Utah