Job DescriptionJob Description
Full time, M-Th 7:45 to 5:15 pm
Mentally Strong in Colorado Springs, CO is looking for a Nurse Practitioner Assistant (MA/LPN/CNA) to join our 30+ person strong team. We are located at 3720 Sinton Rd Suite 104. Our ideal candidate is attentive, punctual, and engaged.
The Mentally STRONG mission is to empower all humanity to embrace the journey of mental strength and our vision is to revolutionize the culture of mental health. We are looking for team members who will embody our core values: Relationships are a priority, with clients, cadre and community. We are committed to access and quality in-person care
- Able to stay within the time constraints of a follow up and/or intake appointments while providing excellent patient care.
- Convey patient’s symptoms and concerns accurately and concisely to the providers.
- If necessary, initiate patient appointments and include the following:
- Obtain and document the patient's basic vitals including height, weight, blood pressure, and heart rate.
- Interview patients and confirm purpose of the visit, record how they are feeling to include whether there has been improvement or worsening of symptoms since last visit.
- Ensure that the patient's chart has updated psychiatric history, updated medical history, record psychiatric symptoms, and confirm the proper diagnoses in the electronic record.
- Document for the psychiatric nurse practitioner during the psychiatric evaluation.
- Performing both follow up and intake appointments (if needed).
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; confirming purpose of visit, recording how they are feeling, improvement or worsening since last visit, updated psychiatric history, updating medical history, recording psychiatric symptoms, confirming proper diagnosis is in the electronic record.
- Administrative paperwork/tasks.
- Keeping up to date with faxes, e-results, and e-prescriptions refill requests.
- Submit orders as requested by an NP.
- Review / upload completed results to the patient document manager.
- Submit cognitive assessments to patients.
- Review/upload completed results to the patient document manager.
- Prior Authorizations.
- Be able to log in to covermymeds.com to review status of prior authorizations.
- Send referrals for outside resources/medical procedures
- Communicate with patients on behalf of the Nurse Practitioner.
- Scheduling pharmaceutical lunches (coordination with pharmaceutical reps).
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Ability to learn on the job.
- Willingness to be flexible.
- Dedicated to continual self-growth.
- Be willing to meet patients where they are in their mental health journey.
- Team player.
- Willing to ask questions.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Focus on problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Active listening.
- Ask compelling and guiding questions.
- Accurately reflect the patient's statements and feelings.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Excellent time management.
- Ability to work effectively and positively under pressure.
- Ability to learn and navigate Electronic Health Record system.
- Basic typing skills.
Our Investment in You:
- W-2 Employment with paid time off
- Benefits Available: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, pet insurance, identity theft protection, 9 paid holidays, 401K and profit sharing after one year of employment.
Before applying, please check out our website at www.mentallystrong.com
We are looking forward to receiving your application. Thank you.
Powered by JazzHR