Nurse Director of Surgical Services
Nurse Director of Surgical Services opening in the southern area of Idaho.
- Under the direction and supervision of the Assistant Administrator, Patient Care Services (AAPCS), has line and functional responsibility for departmental management of the Surgical Services departments (OR, PACU, Pre-Surgery, Preop, Sterile processing, Day Surgery & Infusion center)
Responsibilities shall include, but not necessarily be limited to: the direct supervision of the functions and activities in the department; interpreting policies, standards, and regulations of the Medical Center, Patient Care Services Division to department personnel, patients, Medical Staff, and public; and, responsibility for patient care on a 24 hour basis. The responsibilities shall be discharged in such a manner as to ensure quality patient care within the department.
Provides direction for the daily activities of Central Processing including assuring ongoing compliance with regulatory agency for activities associated with supply management, decontamination and sterilization.
The Department Director must demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of patients served in his/her department. The individual must acquire and/or demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span. He/she must be able to provide care with consideration of developmental status.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; registered and licensed to practice in the state of Idaho.
- BSN or Bachelor of Science in a related field is required. AORN certified or eligible.
- Three to four years experience in specialty required. RN III or equivalent required.
- Management experience required.
- Must have an understanding of and experience in central processing, sterilization and decontamination procedures.
This facility is located in Southern Idaho, along the Snake River and right near the border of Washington state.
With warm weather and mild winters, this area has more sunny days than almost any other place in the Northwest!