The Nursing Professional Development Generalist RN uses the tools, theories, skills and knowledge of the specialty to improve healthcare practice of learners based on our Professional Practice Model. Using expertise in education and professional development practices, the NPD Generalist partners with staff, leadership, faculty and researchers to implement and evaluate professional development programs that influence professional role proficiency, continuous learning and growth. The Generalist promotes synergistic practices and patient outcomes throughout the organization, and advances the NPD practice based on the system's Professional Practice Model and in accordance with Association Nursing Professional Development Scope and Standards of Professional Nursing Development Practice.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Implements and evaluates professional development programs based on the Association for Nursing Professional Development (ANPD) Professional Practice Model in order to facilitate professional role proficiency, continuous learning and growth.
- Projects needs of target audience based on current issues and trends, and validates identified needs with key stakeholders. Using data gathered, documents, partners, prioritizes and individualizes content for the target audience, and assists with the educational planning process.
- Partners on the implementation of the educational plan, using strategies to facilitate positive learning and practice environments in order to achieve desired outcomes.
- Uses relevant evidence, theory, research, innovative processes and practical experience to design, implement and evaluate high quality and culturally delicate educational activities, programs, and/or projects for staff based on identified knowledge and practice gaps. Engages stakeholders in planning and implementation of learning activities.
- Uses valid and reliable methods to measure processes and outcomes, and involves learners and stakeholders in the evaluation process. Revises learning activities based on evaluation data and disseminates the results of the learning activities to stakeholders. Selects education content, materials, and techniques that can appeal to a diverse target audience in a positive learning environment. Facilitates and helps relationships with Community Education programs.
- Integrates ethics in all areas of practice, including monitoring the integrity of educational activities and guiding peers through resolution of ethical conflicts. Protects the autonomy, dignity, and rights of all team members involved in the learning process. Reports behaviors that are illegal, unethical or inconsistent with practice standards.
- Acts as a promoter of scientific inquiry, integrating best available evidence into practice. Helps, facilitates, and/or participates in research, (Enterprise Resource Planning) EBP, and (Quality Improvement) QI, including dissemination of findings through educational programs, courses and other activities.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Knowledge and expertise of nursing and patient care standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of laws, rules and regulations; standards and guidelines of certifying and accrediting bodies; hospital and department/unit standards, protocols, policies and procedures governing the provision of nursing care applicable to the area of assignment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology; methods and practices of health promotion, risk reduction, illness and disease prevention and management; medications and drugs, common dosages, their physical and physiological effects, and possible adverse reactions.
- Knowledge of medical and professional nursing ethics and patient privacy rights.
- Ability to effectively use a variety of teaching methods.
- Must be able to communicate thoughts clearly; both verbally and in writing.
- Social skills to interact with a wide-range of constituencies.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
- Potential relocation bonus
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
LOCATION: Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, Texas
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
SHIFT/SCHEDULE: Full time days, Monday-Friday, with flexibility to work with the night and weekend shifts
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nations exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it is accepting a calling!
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's
- EXPERIENCE - 2 Years of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
Registered Nurse (RN)
Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or transfer.