Passion matters and we are looking for people who want to share our vision and as a Bilingual Nurse Practitioner for the Office of Refugee Resettlement, your role would be essential to the daily functions of the department.
So, if being mission ready and every single child matters sounds like something you want to be part of then we want to hear from you because here at Child Crisis AZ Safe Kids and Strong Families is what we are passionate about.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
Provides medical treatment and expertise related to medical and dental needs of children and other duties as assigned.
- Overseeing the initial health assessments of children, as performed by Child Development Providers
- Examining children and making referrals to other providers depending on the needs of the children, in consultation with the Case Managers.
- Completing written health examinations of children and, when appropriate, developmental assessments.
- Coordinating and directing the administration of prescription and non-prescription medications.
- Coordinating and directing the administration of the immunization program for children and staff.
- Developing, implementing and recommending training for staff in health-related areas.
- Communicating with relevant community organizations. as appropriate in coordination with Shelter Director and Vice President of Programs.
- Preparing written recommendations for medical and/or dental follow up and other needed services for children during their stay and upon discharge.
- Developing protocols as needed.
- Ordering and maintaining supplies and equipment for immunizations, lab work and other necessary treatment modalities.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Licensed Nurse Practitioner.
- At least 1 years of related experience.
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 pounds.
- Must be able to display verbal and written communication skills that meet the requirements of the position and needs of clients.
- Must maintain all Agency and licensing training and certification requirements.
- Must have computer knowledge / proficiency such that log notes can been entered as required.
- Must have experience in word processing in a Windows environment.
- English / Spanish bilingual capabilities required.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the effective use of tone and words
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail
- Time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrate the ability to establish trust and a positive rapport with service population
- Strong writing skills with proficient use of Word, Excel, and Outlook