Job Schedule: Full Time Standard Hours: 40 Job Shift: Shift 1 Shift Details: Mon-Fri
Excellence, Safety, Caring, Integrity…. What do you value?
Join us at Hartford HealthCare Medical Group as we live our values every day. As part of Hartford HealthCare we create a better future for healthcare in Connecticut and beyond. By embodying these values, we have become nationally respected for patient care and most trusted for personalized coordinated care. Come be part of something special!
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical practices in New England with multiple locations throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. Hartford HealthCare Medical Group consists of a team of professionals ranging from Medical Assistants to Physician Assistants and everything in between. This physician led medical group enjoys an excellent reputation with patients and the medical community, offering primary care, urgent care and more than 30 different specialties.
APRN/PA Role & Scope
· Provides direct patient care in office consultations, including assessment, work-ups, triage, emergency work-ins, and other patient care activities. Position specializes in diagnoses and treats cancers that affect the urinary tract and male reproductive organs.
· Obtains and documents health history, performs and documents physical exam, and orders and interprets diagnostic tests
· Provides counseling to patients regarding diagnosis and expected course of treatment
· Collaborates with physician(s) to provide appropriate direct care interventions within scope of practice
· Collects, organizes, records, and discusses data as appropriate and uses sound clinical judgment based in best practice standards and evidenced based medicine
· Prescribes pharmaceuticals according to patient needs and conducts appropriate patient follow-up & outreach
· Ensures timely retrieval of laboratory and ancillary studies and diagnostic consultation reports
· Consults with appropriate internal and external staff to make appropriate referrals for acute, chronic and preventive care
· Coordinates patient care and visits with appropriate clinical and non-clinical staff
Shift - Full Time
· Monday – Friday
· Travel may be required for training within the region (Hartford, Farmington, Manchester, Avon, Glastonbury) or less than 5% of travel to other regions.
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced providers are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
Extremely competitive salary
Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
Generous Paid-Time Off
Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
Tuition reimbursement program
Proven and effective onboarding with supportive ongoing mentorship
Access to Hartford HealthCare’s Office of Advanced Practice - an internal organization committed to the growth and development of our Advanced Practitioners
· Leadership development opportunities through Hartford HealthCare’s Professional Leadership Development Institute
· Supports new ideas and exercises flexibility as changes are initiated while promoting a team atmosphere of trust and professionalism
Advanced Practitioner Requirements
· Master’s Degree in Nursing or Master's Degree in Physician Assistant
· National Certification in Advanced Practice (APRN or PA)
· Current CPR certification
· Current State of CT APRN or PA license with prescriptive authority and current DEA number
· 2 years of experience (urology preferred)
· Excellent clinical management skills and proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and take lead when appropriate
· Positive, customer-focused approach, with commitment to providing excellent patient care
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate in other languages - highly desirable
· Ability to communicate technical information clearly to patients of all ages