Nurse Practitioner, Des Moines
Your Talent. Our Vision. At CareMore, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies specializing in providing patients a complete and pro-active health care experience, it's a powerful combination. It's the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
CareMore is entering a new growth phase, as a proven care delivery model for the highest-risk. We are a team of committed clinicians and business leaders passionate about transforming American healthcare delivery. We build and lead integrated, multi-disciplinary clinical teams to care for the most complex patients Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial populations across the country. We strive for excellence and have achieved significant and measurable improvement in total cost of care, clinical outcomes, and experience. As an Anthem subsidiary, we benefit from the scale and resources of one of America's largest managed healthcare organizations.
For more information, visit http://www.caremore.com/
- Responsible for holistic primary care of a population of patients in collaboration with a physician and broader interdisciplinary team in an outpatient clinic setting
- Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Performs health assessments and preventative health measures within prescribed guidelines and physician instructions.
- Orders, interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs.
- Discusses case with physician.
- Formulates and documents care plan.
- Prescribes medication or other forms of treatment.
- Participates in On-Call program which may include after-hours, weekend and holiday calls and visitations.
Qualifications Requires an MS in Nursing; 1 year of related experience with clinical emphasis for nurse practitioner; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Current unrestricted RN license and NP license in applicable state required. For CareMore business units, satisfactory completion of a pre-placement Tuberculosis test is a requirement for this position.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.