Exciting opportunity for Nurse Practitioner to join established Oncology/Hematology practice. Currently, we are seeking a full-time Nurse Practitioner to join a team of physicians and nurse practitioners.
Job Summary: The Advanced Practice Nurse will care for inpatient solid tumor oncology patients.
- Applies evidence and value-based practices to achieve positive outcomes for patients and families.
- Demonstrates clinical expertise by utilizing advanced assessment and leadership skills.
- Evaluates patients on a daily basis and ensure plan of care is implemented
- Provides culturally diverse and educationally appropriate health management education.
- Facilitates patient-centered coordinated care through participation at daily interdisciplinary team rounds and staff RN patient rounding.
- Serves as a clinical resource to nursing staff, patients/families, and other multidisciplinary team members across the continuum to evaluate complex patients and identify appropriate interventions and evaluation of outcomes.
- Acts as a resource to staff for addressing clinical, process, and system opportunities for improvement which promote excellence in care and clinical outcomes.
- Builds credibility with medical staff as nursing experts for patient care, quality of care, and the profession of nursing.
- Facilitates discharge of patients in a safe and timely manner
- Collaborates with consulting physicians to coordinate care of complex oncology patient
- Evaluates/assesses hospital transfers and admissions.
- Identifies educational needs of patients/families and collaborates with other multidisciplinary team members to implement appropriate teaching materials.
- Works closely with collaborating physicians to provide quality care
- Actively engages in research as a primary investigator or co-investigator.
- Masters degree in Nursing, Board Certified Advanced Practice Nurse or Nurse Practitioner
- Minimum of 5+ years experience as a Registered Nurse in Palliative Care or Hospice
- Current valid NJ State Professional Nurse Practitioner License
- Board certification in Advanced Hospice and Palliative Care a plus
- Position requires fluency in the English language to function in a job environment appropriately
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, team-work, and customer service skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and follow-through skills
- Ability to have difficult conversations with patients, families, and physicians that result in the establishment of patient-centered goals of care
- Ability to work autonomously in the areas of patient care, resource management, program development and other areas of professional practice
- Demonstrate knowledge of current computer systems, equipment or programs used in the organization.
- Demonstrate maturity and accountability
What We Offer
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K with profit sharing
- Company paid basic life insurance and long term disability coverage
- Paid Holidays