Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
In this role, you will be part of an interdisciplinary care team to provide home - based palliative care to patients in their homes. You will coordinate with their physician to deliver high quality care. This is a flexible, team - based role that creates enormous satisfaction for the Nurse Practitioner as you impact the care and quality of life of our aging population. All the while, you'll be building meaningful relationships with the patients, their families, and the health care providers who are responsible for their care.
- Provide home - based palliative care for patients in their homes
- Work with the patient's other doctors to coordinate care
- Manage patients with advanced illness or multiple chronic conditions
- Have serious illness conversations about disease progression and patient values
- Educate members on topics such as disease process, medication, and compliance
- Comply with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI)
- Be part of an after - hours care team support system for patients to prevent unnecessary or avoidable hospitalizations and ED visits
- Current, unrestricted NP license in the state of assignment or the ability to obtain
- Ability to obtain DEA licensure / Prescriptive Authority post - hire in states where applicable
- Nurse Practitioner national certification as ANP, FNP, or GNP required or the ability to obtain
- A clinical background in adult, family or geriatric specialties
- Past experience working in a nursing home or with seniors in other settings
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary care team to coordinate patient care
- Computer literate and able navigate the internet
- Excellent administrative, organizational and verbal skills
- Effective communication skills
- Dependable and reliable
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment .
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner Jobs, Geriatric Nurse Practitioner, NP, palliative care, home care, Primary Care, Fairfield, CT, Connecticut