Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Sherwood, Newberg, Portland OR 10000 Sign On Bonus External Candidates
We're fast becoming the nation's largest employer of Nurse Practitioners; offering a superior professional environment and incredible opportunities to make a difference in the lives of patients. This growth is not only a testament to our model's success but the efforts, care, and commitment of our Nurse Practitioners.
Enjoy a flexible schedule!
Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation's largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family. We're also the career home for Nurse Practitioners who bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day.
If you want more meaning in your career - as a clinician or a business professional - take this opportunity and apply. It's the first step in a new career that will enable you to do your life's best work. (sm)
In this role, you will provide primary care to patients in long term care settings; coordinate with their PCP and facility staff to deliver high quality care on-site. This is a flexible, autonomous role that creates enormous satisfaction for the NP as you impact the care and comfort of our aging population. All the while, you'll be building meaningful relationships with the residents and their families and the health care providers who are responsible for their care.
- Provide preventative and primary care for patients in assigned long term care facilities
- Work with primary care physicians to provide the best care possible
- Collaborate with the nursing staff and the patients' families
- Work with the facility's utilization review process
- In this role, you'll also explore and learn more about palliative care
- Current, unrestricted NP or PA license in the state of assignment or the ability to obtain
- Ability to obtain DEA licensure / Prescriptive Authority post - hire in states where applicable
- Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner national certification as ANP, FNP, or GNP required or the ability to obtain
- A clinical background in adult, family or geriatric specialties
- Past experience working in a nursing home or with seniors in other settings
- Intermediate level of proficiency in PC based word processing including Microsoft Word and Outlook
This is a place where your impact goes beyond providing care one patient at a time. Because here, every day, you're also providing leadership and contributing in ways that can affect others for years to come. Ready for a new path? Learn more, and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: np,nurse practitioner, complex care, skilled nursing, long term care, primary care, physician assistant, Portland, OR, Oregon