Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant CareMore, New Haven Area, CT
Your Talent. Our Vision. At CareMore, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies specializing in providing Americans a complete and pro-active health care experience, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
Advanced Practice Clinician (APC) – CareMore@Home (Connecticut)
What is CareMore?
CareMore is entering a new growth phase, as a proven care delivery model for the highest-risk. We are a team of committed clinicians and business leaders passionate about transforming American healthcare delivery. We build and lead health plans and clinical teams to care for the most complex patients, serving over 100,000 patients in seven states across Medicare, Medicaid, and soon, commercial populations. We strive for excellence and have achieved significant and measurable improvement in total cost of care, clinical outcomes, and experience. As an Anthem subsidiary, we benefit from the scale and resources one of America’s largest managed healthcare organizations.
CareMore’s Primary Care & Collaboration division oversees strategy, operations, and care delivery in our high-risk primary care division (Connecticut, Des Moines, IA and Memphis, TN), where CareMore builds and runs capitated primary care medical groups and currently serves over 20,000 high-risk Medicaid patients in two states. The division also supports the development of new markets and models, including a home-based comprehensive care model launching in Connecticut. We are rapidly evolving our model to effectively engage and care for complex patients and are building a team of passionate and execution-minded leaders dedicated to this mission.
You can learn more about CareMore’s transformative approach to care here:
- Des Moines Register – New Model: Insurers Hire Doctors
- The Atlantic – The Quiet Healthcare Revolution
The Advanced Practice Clinician (APC), CareMore@Home (Connecticut) will serve as the primary care provider for a panel of complex Medicare Advantage members in our CareMore@Home market in Connecticut, focused on providing comprehensive care in the home. The APC will work collaboratively as part of a mobile clinical team of advanced practice colleagues, physicians, medical assistants, and case managers in each county to bring integrated care to the most in need. The APC will be responsible for effective primary and chronic care for complex medical issues, working at the top of his/her license, leveraging CareMore’s history of proven impact in Medicare Advantage and established training process for advanced practice clinicians. The APC is responsible for managing his/her population of patients longitudinally through high-touch interactions and delivery of clinical services in the home and across other sites of care, such as our Care Center, or other settings, as appropriate, and under the direction of the physician leadership. The APC team will report to a physician lead in each county and join a national group of advanced practice clinicians serving Medicare and Medicaid patients across CareMore in CA, AZ, NV, TN, IA, and GA.
- Excellent clinical acumen; an advanced practice clinician with a desire to practice as a confident generalist
- A true patient-centered approach, from a bedside manner that puts patients and caregivers at ease
- A collaborative team member and effective communicator
- Willingness to operate in an ambiguous environment, without continuous supervision
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Proficient in the diagnosis, and treatment of primary, secondary, and tertiary health conditions to ensure best possible clinical outcomes; includes formulating comprehensive treatment and education plans for patients requiring intensive chronic disease management and primary care.
- Orders appropriate lab tests and diagnostic procedures and interprets results to aid in health promotion and accurate diagnosis and treatment of illnesses; prescribes medication or other forms of treatment.
- Acts as primary care provider in spirit and action, assuming longitudinal panel management responsibility for the care and outcomes of his/her panel
- Effectively collaborates, coordinates, and communicates with members of the multidisciplinary team and outside providers; expertly leverages all resource included in clinical model and fosters cohesion within clinical team.
- Accurately documents patients’ medical information and appropriately assigns the correct coding for acute and chronic conditions
- Participates in On-Call program which may include after-hours, weekend and holiday calls and visitations.
- Follows evidence based practice guidelines and practices within scope of practice
Work location and travel expectations:
Based in New Haven, CT.
- Minimum of 2-3 year of clinical experience as a nurse practitioner or Physician Assistant; experience with complex care; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- 2-5 years of experience working in acute care settings such as ICU, CCU, telemetry, emergency medicine, as well as primary care (family medicine, internal medicine), behavioral health, palliative care, med-surgical is highly preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing Required and Board Certification or Master's Degree as a Physician Assistant.
- Current unrestricted RN license and NP license or PA license in applicable state required.
- Prescribing authority/DEA licensure in good standing as required in the state in which you are applying preferred; NPI billing number; Medicare Part D Prescriber
- Proficient in use of EMR and other technology use
- Must be flexible with local traveling within the assigned county for daily home visits and covering assignments for teammates in case of emergency,
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel and occasionally lift patients.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 Diversity, Inc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran.