Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - On Demand Medicine - Las Vegas, NV
15k Sign On Bonus for external candidates
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work. (sm)
OptumCare Nevada is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. OptumCare Nevada offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. OptumCare Nevada is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
- Rapidly formulate a differential diagnosis from assessments conducted within the clinic setting
- Develop and implement treatment plans for patients that are impaneled or walk-in patients
- Develop and actualize plans for patients in the retail setting
- Provide guidance to support personnel towards treatment plans and care issues
- Document treatment plans in the medical record
- Document collaborative guidance from the physician as needed
- Coordinate care with the patients
- Care for patients from 18 months and older
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- NP Certification in Adult, Family or Geriatrics or PA Certification or ability to obtain
- Active unrestricted License in the State where this position is based, or ability to obtain under NP / PA certification and licensing
- 6+ months of NP/PA experience, or completed SWM clinical rotation or will consider other transferable clinical experience in lieu of rotation/experience
- DEA License or ability to obtain
- Basic technical proficiency in the use of computer programs for medical records or Internet search for clinical practice
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and localmasking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role.
- Clinical experience in retail care or urgent care setting
- Knowledge of mental health issues
- Familiarity with Medicare and ICD-10 coding
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Urgent Care, retail clinic, nurse practitioner, NP, physician assistant, PA, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada