Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work! Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, OptumCare is the nation's largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family. We're also the career home for Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants who bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day.
As a part of our continued growth, we are searching for a new Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner to join our team!
This is a flexible, autonomous role that creates enormous satisfaction as you impact the care and comfort of our aging population. All the while, you'll be building meaningful relationships with the patients, their families, and the health care providers who are responsible for their care
*This is a field-based position that requires daily travel to our members
place of residence”
- Provide Palliative Care services for patients in their homes or in assigned long term care facilities
- Review patient's past medical history and formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge and judgment and the findings of your assessment
- Review current symptoms and identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management of treatment
- Physical examination, medication review, and depression screening
- Communicate findings in your assessment that will be used to inform the PCP of potential gaps in care
- Educate members on topics such as disease process, medication, and compliance
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted NP license in California
- Current DEA certificate with Prescriptive Authority
- Nurse Practitioner national certification
- 2 or more years of clinical experience in adult, family or geriatric specialties
- Ability to travel daily within Orange County
- Computer proficient in MS Office
- Experience in Palliative Care
- Home health, Assisted Living or SNF experience
- Managed Care experience
What's the first thing that happens when one of the most successful physician groups in Orange County comes together with a global leader in health care? Opportunity. With Monarch HealthCare joining OptumCare and the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, people like you will find increasing levels of challenge, impact and professional success. With a vibrant network of hospitals and urgent care centers, we're changing health care for the better by improving access to affordable, high quality care, and working together to improve the patient experience. That takes passion, commitment, intense focus and the ability to contribute effectively in a highly collaborative team environment. Are you with us? Learn more about this exciting opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner, NP, Palliative Care, Geriatrics, Assisted Living, ASL, SNF, Managed Care, Orange County, CA