Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center is a Magnet Hospital that has been named Best Hospital in Fairfield County and in all of Western Connecticut for 2013 - 2014 by US News & World Report. We are the primary teaching hospital for the Frank Netter School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University. The Hospital Medicine Department at St. Vincent’s Medical Center is dedicated to caring for acutely ill, hospitalized patients. The Hospitalist Service at St. Vincent’s is available to patients whose primary care provider or specialist has requested its services, or to patients who present at the Emergency Department and require hospitalization.
Advanced Practitioner Role Scope The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant provides care to breast surgery oncology / cancer patients within an ambulatory practice setting providing primarily follow up care to patients. Responsibilities may include covering within additional oncology / cancer departments. On-call responsibilities may be included.
Schedule – Days Only!
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced practitioners are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- A schedule that is Days Only with no nights
- Supportive attending physicians
- Competitive compensation
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- LEAN process improvement to drive quality outcomes and positively enhance both the patient and the provider experience.
Advanced Practitioner Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner Master’s program
- Licensed as Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner in the state of Connecticut
- Certification as a Physician Assistant or National Board Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP), Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP), or Advanced Oncology Certified Nurse Practitioner (AOCNP)
- Surgical oncology / cancer experience highly preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Regular Standard Hours Per Week: 40
Schedule: Full-time (40 hours)