Status: Full Time
Location: Greater Austin Area
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is looking for a Nurse Scientist, PhD for the Greater Austin Area (GAR). Travel to the 7 hospitals and to clinics in GAR is required for the position. The Nurse Scientist provides subject matter expertise in the development, design and implementation of Nursing research projects in assigned entities and/or work groups. This role supports multiple research projects and teams and makes the challenge of research a reality for staff nurses. The Nurse Scientist guides, consults and supports individuals or teams in research projects that promote and advance the use of research-based practice, and provides leadership in the translation of research findings into quality nursing practice and the profession.
As a Nurse Scientist for Baylor Scott & White you will be asked to:
- Collaborate with the BSWH Director of Nursing Research, chief nursing officers and other nurse leaders, including staff nurses, to identify nursing research studies that align with the strategic direction of the organization.
- Contribute to and support the development and maintenance of research policies and procedures.
- Translate the research process into practical steps for nursing staff, supporting professional growth and skill development.
- Conduct research projects.
- Lead individuals and teams in the development and design of research studies.
- Provide expertise in research design, methodologies, and data analysis.
- Promote the integration of research findings into quality nursing practice, policy, presentations, and publications.
- Provide support and guidance to ensure research projects meet IRB requirements.
- Assist in the development of a research curriculum; provide and/or oversee the research educational program plan.
- Investigate, develop and apply for grants to support nursing research.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
Why Baylor Scott & White Health
At Baylor Scott & White Health, we empower each other to create healthier communities and deliver safe and high-quality care across the state of Texas. With more than 52 hospitals, 800 access points, a quality health plan and an award-winning research institute, you’ll enjoy endless opportunities to make your mark on the future of healthcare. At Baylor Scott and White Health, you’ll be joining a team that’s committed to better. Because better never settles. And neither should you.
As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States, Baylor Scott & White Health has the resources to offer a variety of career opportunities to meet your personal and professional goals.
The Baylor Scott & White Health nursing team challenges each other to innovate, to constantly raise the bar and to never settle. Every day, our diverse group of team members bring unique talents, a passion for innovation and a deep Commitment to those we serve.
Baylor Scott & White Health is the most awarded system in Texas, and a Certified Great Place to Work! Consider a career move to Memorial Hospital and join our exceptional nursing team committed to something better.
- Education - Doctor of Philosophy
- Major - Nursing
- Experience - 5 Years of Experience
- Certification/License/Registration -
Registered Nurse (RN)