Be Extraordinary, Join Our Team!
**Sign-on Bonus available!!**
$1,500 for full-time positions
$750 for part-time positions
Beaumont offers you a world of opportunity throughout Southeast Michigan. With eight hospitals and 155 outpatient sites you'll have a wide variety of practice settings to choose from. Beaumont has more nationally ranked hospitals in Michigan than any other health system. Come work for us with a team that cares about you! We are looking for Nursing Assistants who would like to combine their love for people and desire to provide compassionate care with opportunities to advance your career.
Check out the video below that shows the vital role our Nursing Assistants play in providing patient and family centered care!
Provides care to the patient according to the plan of care, unit routine and hospital policy under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
3 North PCU is a step-down unit that takes care of a variety of patients requiring telemetry monitoring. On 3 North, we always strive to provide compassionate, extraordinary care to our patients and families. We work as a team and support each other to ensure everyone can provide excellent care to our patients.
Beaumont offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your financial, health and life-work balance goals.
- Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible scheduling
- Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of products and services
- Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug insurance plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- Savings & retirement plans, disability insurance, identify theft protection and even home and auto insurance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education / Training:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Previous hospital or nursing home experience preferred
Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- American Heart Association or American Red Cross Basic Life Support required
- Current CNA certification preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively and document information accurately.
- Ability to deal efficiently and effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge is preferred.
- Ability to move or lift patients and equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate Beaumont customer service standards and behaviors in all aspects of job performance
- Providing care to the patient according to the plan of care, specific unit routines and hospital policy under the Direction of the Registered Nurse.
- Documentation of care provided in the electronic medical record.
- Safe transport of patients via wheelchair or stretcher, dispatch services and appropriate documentation of services.
- Provides the services of an Observer for any patient on a patient care unit who has been assessed to require constant observation, either in person or via remote video monitoring, to maximize his/her safety.
- Performs general receptionist and clerical duties to facilitate efficient functioning of the nursing unit.
- Maintains current knowledge/certification.
- Attends all required Safety Training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety and specific job-related hazards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter and intra departmentally to facilitate the department's/unit's ability to meet its goals and objective.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
- Physical Effort:
- Extensive bending and lifting. Must be able to transfer patients from wheelchair to stretcher.
- Work Environment:
- Employee may be frequently exposed to electro-magnetic radiations as in VDTs. Occasionally exposed to hazardous material other than blood, body tissues, or fluids, dust, toxins, cytotoxions, chemical hazardous materials, bodily injuries, loud and/or unpleasant noises, high humidity, electrical hazards, or poisonous substances. Infrequently exposed to blood, body tissue, or fluids. Seldom exposed to fluctuations in temperature, grease, oil, and radiation.
Beaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.