Title: Nurse Supervisor
Location: Ottumwa, IA
- Actively participate in QA/PI projects to meet regulatory compliance.
- Follow ORHC infection control policies and procedures at all times
- Serve as an example to staff by using hospital policies and procedures.
- Participating actively in the development and accomplishment of hospital regulatory compliance.
- Follow ORHC and unit-specific policies and procedures
- Facilitate the scheduling process and adjust the schedule to meet the hospital’s needs
- Providing fair and consistent leadership to all departments
- Convey QI, risk, and safety concerns to the Director of the department and quality department
- Complete variance reports or statements of concern appropriately and in a timely manner
- Participate in Individualized Patient Care by verifying whiteboards and other patient satisfaction criteria are being used.
- Notify staff of emergency calls in situations
- Operate within the designs of established hospital procedures in emergencies including using the hospital’s emergency plan, HICs, and NIMS when appropriate
- Notify the Administrator on call of any area you do not feel you can handle from following hospital policies and procedures, or with any unusual events.
- Communicate clearly and positively with co-workers. Promote TEAMWORK.
- Ensure patient privacy and confidentiality
- Act as a resource to solve problems.
- Act as an ambassador for the health center by speaking positively in the presence of our patients and members of our community.
- Represent Ottumwa Regional Health Center by demonstrating compassion, integrity, and excellence.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from colleagues and the general public both in person and on the telephone.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, hospital policies, and technical procedures.
- Must have the ability to rapidly problem solve and deal with a variety of variables and set priorities as well as the ability to analyze data from a variety of sources and choose consistently appropriate interventions to maximize positive patient outcomes.
- Must demonstrate positive, supportive behavior to members of the healthcare team, patients, and families through effective communication, calm appearance, and professional behavior.
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing with 2-3 years of management experience is a minimum requirement. Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree preferred.
Two to three years of previous management experience is preferred with a minimum of three years of clinical experience in an acute care setting.
- Current Iowa Registered Nurse License
- Current BCLS certification
- Current NRP within 6 months of hire