Nutrition Associate Manager - Education K-12
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at or connect with us on , and.
- Ensure quality, consistency, and adherence to standards based on the Aramark Education and Global Operational Excellence Food Management Process. Deliver strong operational performance by executing against Aramark and regulatory agency standards and programs, continually monitoring operations, and completing assessments and necessary action plans to provide optimal food quality and meal service.
- Maintain compliance with all requirements of Federal, State, and local regulations and guidelines. Maintain all records and reports necessary to comply with Aramark, government, and accrediting agency standards.
- Ensure compliance to Aramark's food safety, sanitation, and overall occupational workplace safety standards by maintaining a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Support diet restrictions and physician orders by developing menus supporting dietary care plans. Provides nutritional counseling for school nurses as needed for student diet orders and support parental involvement as necessary.
- Supervise, train and maintain process of food production, preparation, presentation, quality, and cost control to ensure that a consistent product is produced which conforms to all established standards. Ensure standard of 90/10 rule is met at the front line level.
- Assist in menu planning, pre-costing and post-costing through the software production system, meal acceptability, inventory, ordering, generation of food production sheets and standardized recipes. Manage commodity foods to procure the best quality product for the client and maximize savings opportunity while ensuring proper crediting and tracking of all USDA commodities.
- Drive customer satisfaction, and maintain client relationships through professionalism. Conduct evaluations and investigate program concerns while providing recommendations to improve service and quality.
- Support all Aramark brands and promotional standards while also creating local promotions to highlight the partnership, improve meal participation, employee morale and to involve students and customers in our day-to-day business. Supports nutrition education by promoting healthy eating habits in the classroom.
- Establish and maintain effective community relations through the component's community outreach plan to educate and connect with parents and community leaders; coordinate activities and education within Community.
- Participate in appropriate food service committee meetings, student focus groups and client's Student Health Advisory Council (SHAC) activities. Present to various partners through meetings, formal presentation and or nutrition education.
- Strive for local, state and national recognition of our programs through participation in health and wellness initiatives to include coordinate health programs, community involvement, grants, and employee wellness efforts within the department.
- Partner with the Region's Nutrition Center of Excellence Program; train employees on proper process and procedures to meet Nutrition Center of Excellence standards and maintain accountability for excellence at all levels
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the front line manager. Tasks and responsibilities may be added or revised based on the volume of business and the need for the work to be completed at the present time.
- Ideal candidate will possess a bachelor's degree in Food and Nutrition, Dietetics, Nutritional Sciences, Human Nutrition or comparable major.
- Successful completion of coordinated program or dietetic internship of not less than 900 hours.
- Registered dietitian (RD) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration; candidates eligible for registration may be hired with the understanding that registration will be achieved within 90 days of hire.
- Must have an active Dietitian license with the state of Texas or be eligible to secure license within 90 days of hire.
- Current or the ability to obtain ServSafe Food Safety Certification in order to support food production process within the kitchens.
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience with food production, purchasing processes and daily foodservice operations and or comparable internship experience.
- Must have the ability to identify defects in the preparation and service of food and implement improved quality control procedures.
- The ability to communicate effectively with clients, client's customers, and support staff is essential for success in this role. Must have the ability to interact productively with students of all ages.
- Possess the skills to develop training programs from scratch and deliver via electronic media, on the job or through train the trainer methodology
- P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is desirable
- Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- Work all shifts including days, nights, weekends, and/or overtime
- The ability to:
- read and interpret business records and statistical reports
- use mathematical skills to interpret financial information and prepare budgets
- analyze and interpret policies established by administrators
- understand the government regulations covering business operations
- make business decisions based on production reports and similar facts, make business decisions based on your experience and personal opinion
- deal with the general public, customers, employees, union and government officials with tact and courtesy
- plan and organize the work of others
- ability to respond effectively to changing demands
- change activity frequently and cope with interruptions
- accept the full responsibility for managing an activity
- continually learn from experiences, training, and coaching.
- speak and write clearly.
Interested in this opportunity?
ARAMARK is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Aramark will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance ordinance.
Your privacy is our top priority throughout the hiring process. Be aware of scammers fraudulently posing as Aramark trying to obtain your personal information. At Aramark, we will never ask for confidential or sensitive personal information such as bank account or social security numbers at any point prior to you accepting an offer with Aramark. If you have any concerns about information requests that you receive from Aramark, you should reach out to your Aramark hiring manager or recruiter.