EXCELLENT BENEFITS - GREAT OPPORTUNITY
Rehabilitation Management Company that operates in Skilled Nursing Facilities seeks an Occupational Therapist/OT. The OT Plans and conducts individualized occupational therapy programs in a nursing home environment to help patients develop, regain, or maintain their ability to perform daily activities. Teaches patients skills/techniques and how to use adaptive equipment for participating in activities. Studies, evaluates, and records patients' activities and progress. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the Occupational Therapy field.
Post-Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university or education deemed equivalent. License or
Permit Certification by Arizona State Office of the Professions and practices Occupational Therapy according to the state requirements.
• Meets the patient's goals and needs and provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations; determining occupational therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians or by prescription.
• Helps patient develop or regain physical or mental functioning or adjust to disabilities by implementing programs
involving manual arts and crafts, practice in functional, prevocational, vocational, and homemaking skills, activities of daily living, and sensorimotor, educational, recreational, and social activities; directing aides, technicians, and assistants.
• Promotes maximum independence by selecting and constructing therapies according to individual's physical capacity, intelligence level, and interest.
• Evaluates results of occupational therapy by observing, noting, and evaluating patient's progress; recommending and implementing adjustments and modifications.
• Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
• Maintains patient confidence and protects Nursing Home /Care Center operations by keeping protected health
• Supervise Occupational Therapy Assistants and co signs Occupational Therapy Assistant's progress notes.
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal and certification requirements by studying existing and new legislation;
• This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will be expected to perform other reasonable duties as assigned
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
• Must be able to safely lift/carry 50-100lbs
• Must be able to communicate effectively with patient, resident and staff.
EXCELLENT BENEFITS FOR QUALIFYING CANDIDATES
Apply online on our Careers Website using Application Form Link to job posting: