Oncology Social Worker - Optum Care Cancer Care - Las Vegas, NV ($1,500 sign-on bonus for external applicants)
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare Cancer Care of Nevada is committed to offering patients compassion, innovation, and high quality care. The group is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
The oncology licensed clinical social worker provides psychosocial assessment and intervention for patients experiencing distress related to cancer and its treatment, as well as assistance in crisis situations. The oncology provides a range of clinical social work services to patients/clients and families in inpatient, ambulatory, and community settings, often employing individual consultation, family, or group methods, and practicing within the guidelines of professional social work ethics and standards.
***$1,500 sign-on bonus for external applicants***
- Advocates for patients and families with internal and external sources, which may include testifying in court for patients
- Anticipates and identifies psychosocial issues that may impede progress and recommends interventions to the team for the care and management of the problem
- Assists patients and families to understand psychosocial factors to maximize their hospital and community resource utilization
- Completes a comprehensive assessment of patients including race, ethnicity, religion, culture, language, physical or mental disability, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and psychosocial status, including their functional limitations, strengths, and deficits
- Develops a treatment care plan with patient and family input including individual therapy, psychoeducation, or counseling with appropriate and competent interventions
- Evaluates distress questionnaire results and assesses patients to determine the plan of care
- Provides information, referral, and resource information for individual and family needs both within the institution and in the community as indicated
- Supports the multidisciplinary team with discharge planning issues to ensure smooth transition of patients' care
- Collaborates with and provides psychosocial consultation to the multidisciplinary care team to promote a smooth, coordinated plan of care
- Collaborates with the healthcare team to assist patients and families in reaching an informed decision about their care
- Networks with a wide range of social, governmental, and legal agencies, courts, schools, clinics, other hospitals, physicians, and other sources to remain current on information resources
- Familiar with community resources to aid patients in securing assistance with mental health interventions, equipment, wellness activities, and disability support
- Knowledge of oncologic disease and its treatment
• Masters Degree in Social Work (LMW, LISW or LCSW), Licensure or eligibility for licensure at the LCSW level or at the licensed independent clinical social worker (LICSW) level by the state of Nevada
• One to two years of post-master's degree social work experience
• Oncology work experience preferred
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: LMW, LISW, LSCW, Oncology, Complex Care Social Worker, Hospice, Las Vegas NV