Responsible for database related support for a case management application including performing research on production data issues and ensuring performance of database objects. Also includes validating database objects promoted to production for new releases, researching query performance issues, and supporting development of database objects and ETL. Other responsibilities of the Production Support Analyst are to support the Release Management team for change control of database objects and ETL.
- Establish, measure and optimize IT operations processes to promote stability, performance, throughput, integration with other applications
- Researches and resolves production data and performance issues
- Coordinates daily data center operations on behalf of a case management application
- Database validation
- Provides release support
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience
- 5+ years of database analysis and/or administration experience in DB2 and/or Teradata
- 2+ years of experience with a Business process management system like ICM, Appian or Pega
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in database development, coding, and design, including business analysis, event modeling, logical and physical database design, data access analysis and design
- Experience with DBMS optimization, archive and recovery strategy, load strategy design and implementation, security, and change management
- Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Experience with SAP BusinessObjects, MicroStrategy, Cognos or IBM Portal/WAS
- Knowledge of the Medicare FFS claims processing systems and business procedures
- Past experience as a Zone Program Integrity Contractor (ZPIC), Program Safeguard Contractor (PSC), or Medicare Drug Integrity Contractor (MEDIC) highly desirable
- Experience working in an Agile and/or CMMI SDLC
- Experience with release management tools such as JIRA, MKS, QC, SharePoint
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to work independently with minimal supervision, be a team player, and be well organized and efficient with excellent judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills
The government services support team at Optum has earned the trust of organizations that our entire country relies on; from the Department of Defense and Veteran?s Administration to the teams at Health & Human Services and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. We?re repaying that trust with hard work, new ideas and a commitment to finding better solutions every day. Join us and help create ways for our government services agencies to be more efficient and effective. This will be the next huge step in your life's best work. SM
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: database analysis, DB2, Teradata, ICM, Appian, Pega, DBMS optimization, SAP BusinessObjects, MicroStrategy, Cognos, IBM Portal/WAS, Medicare FFS Claims, ZPIC, PSC, MEDIC, CMMI SDLC, Jira, MKS, QC, SharePoint