To provide direct and indirect patient care to clinic patients and their families utilizing the nursing process of comprehensive patient assessment, development and implementation of a plan of care and patient education and ongoing evaluation. The care delivered will be based on theoretical principals and scientific knowledge and within the scope of the California Nurse Practice.
- Current RN Callifornia License required.
- Associates degree and graduated of an accredited school of nursing required.
- Current AHA BLS Certification required.
- Current ACLS Certification required (or obtain within 6 months of hire).
- 3 or more years of credited RN experience in a specialized and relatable field and/or years of service within the organization, preferred.
- General experience in highly specialize areas such as Critical Care experience (ICU, ER, Trauma Unit) or ASC experience.
- Verbal and written communication skills for frequent and challenging contact with physicians, employees, patients and patient families; requires patience, tack and compassion.
- Math aptitude: calculation of drug doses.
- Basic computer skills to include keyboarding, mouse movement and data entry skills to enter information into practice management and EHR.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to lift and position patients properly using best practices.
- Visual capabilities to observe patients.
- Ability to maintain composure during challenging interpersonal interactions.
- Active listening skills; including excellent interpersonal skills and telephone communication.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods at a time.
- Applies moderate mental application and concentration to handle varying procedures and interruptions.
Primary Location: California, Peninsula/South Bay and Santa Cruz, Los Altos
Organization: Palo Alto Medical Foundation
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.