United Therapeutics is a vaccinated work environment where all employees are expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. We will provide any accommodations as required by law.
The job details are as follows:
What We Do
United Therapeutics Corporation focuses on the strength of a balanced, value-creating biotechnology model. We are confident in our future thanks to our fundamental attributes, namely our commitment to quality and innovation, the power of our brands, our entrepreneurial culture and our bioinformatics leadership. We also believe that our determination to be responsible citizens - having a positive impact on patients, the environment and society - will sustain our success in the long term.
We currently have five approved products on the market and a long-term mission of providing an unlimited supply of transplantable organs for those who need them.
Our company was founded by an entrepreneur whose daughter was diagnosed with a life-threatening condition. She sought to find treatment options and a cure for her daughter and patients like her. We are founder-led, and relentless in our pursuit of "medicines for life". We continue to research and develop treatments for cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases, pediatric cancers and other orphan diseases.
In 2021, we became the first publicly-traded biotech or pharmaceutical company to take the form of a public benefit corporation (PBC). Our public benefit purpose is to provide a brighter future for patients through (a) the development of novel pharmaceutical therapies; and (b) technologies that expand the availability of transplantable organs. At the same time, we seek to provide our shareholders with superior financial performance and our communities with earth-sensitive energy utilization.
How you’ll contribute
The Outsourcing Analyst will provide outsourcing, financial analysis/review and contract management support to internal departments; act as a liaison between Operations/Finance/Legal groups. This role will also provide overall support of outsourcing/contract management for UT's operational groups.
The Senior Outsourcing Analyst level will be responsible for all of the above and will also negotiate and review contracts for financial terms, conditions, impacts, and updates, as necessary.
- Assist members of the Outsourcing team on contracts assigned to ensure that low complexity contracts are processed for services per department needs
- In collaboration with Budget Manager / Operational lead and with oversight from Outsourcing team members, prepare, negotiate and execute low complexity work orders, 3rd party Vendor Service agreements and Charge Orders
- Liaise frequently with vendors, internal customers and stakeholders including the Operations, FP& A and Legal teams
- Facilitate required follow-up to ensure compliance to Legal Contracting policy before initiation of a Purchase Order
- Adhere to all procedures and Outsourcing/Compliance and UT SOP's
- Maintain up to date status reports for contracts being managed and accurately log required metrics data to ensure timely submission of executed contracts
- Performs all other duties as assigned
For this role you will need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts/Sciences (BA/BS) in a relevant field, will consider commensurate experience and/or combination of education and experience
- 2+ years of experience in contract management, finance analysis, or outsourcing (preference with a CRO or on Sponsor side)
- For Senior Outsourcing Analyst Level: 5+ years of experience in contract management, finance analysis, or outsourcing (preference with a CRO or on Sponsor side)
- For Senior Outsourcing Analyst Level: Experience negotiating and prior experience in drafting clinical trial-related and general contracts/agreements
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Self-starter, strong individual contributor with demonstrated success working cross-functionally
- Understanding of contracting principles and applicable regulations governing clinical research
- Customer focused and solution oriented
- Excellent analytical and financial skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word/PPT/Excel)
- Experience with ClearTrial, Grants Manager and/or other industry cost and planning tools
- Experience negotiating and prior experience in drafting clinical trial-related and general contracts/agreements
- Operational experience, or other trial related experience
- For Senior Outsourcing Analyst Level: 1+ years of experience in pharmaceutical/life sciences industry
At United Therapeutics, you’ll realize quickly that it is not an ordinary place to work! When you join our company, you will learn, grow, contribute, have fun, and be challenged... all while making a difference in the lives of our patients.
United Therapeutics Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities