Vir is a clinical-stage immunology company with a compelling mission; "A World Without Infectious Disease". We are focused on combining immunologic insights with innovative technologies. We have assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and improve the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Our current development pipeline consists of product individuals targeting hepatitis B virus, influenza A, SARS-CoV-2, human immunodeficiency virus and tuberculosis.
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
The Legal Group at Vir is seeking a Corporate and Securities Paralegal/Legal Contracts Specialist to join their team. Responsibilities will include work on a variety of corporate, securities, and commercial contract matters, including public company reporting and securities compliance, contract administration, and general corporate matters.
- Assist with the administration of insider trading pre-clearance processes
- Assist with the administration of stock trades and security filings, including Section 16 filings, and maintain/update exhibit index for quarterly and annual SEC reports.
- Assist with the maintenance of domestic and global subsidiaries, including preparation of governing documents, resolutions authorizing various transactions, foreign qualification, withdrawal and dissolution documents and powers of attorney.
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of procedural documentation for general legal matters including but not limited to securities compliance, drafting transactional documents, license agreements, employment law, immigration law, regulatory matters, risk management asset-backed financing and contract management.
- Support corporate development transactions, including due diligence, document preparation, and post-closing integration and administration.
- Assist with the execution of a wide range of day-to-day legal contracts typical of a biotech or pharmaceutical organization including confidentiality agreements, master service agreements and work orders, and other vendor and general business contracts.
- Assist with the development of preferred language that may be used in typical day-to-day legal contracts.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent experience,
- A paralegal certification, with a minimum of five (5) years prior experience as a paralegal in a public biotech or pharmaceutical company or law firm
- Outstanding working knowledge of SEC and NASDAQ rules and regulations
- Transactional experience is a plus
- Exemplary personal and professional ethics and integrity
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and Agiloft
Vir's compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person's experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, one Friday a month paid-time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.