Come to Essentia Health which is an integrated health system serving patients in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and North Dakota. Combined with the strengths and talents of 13,800 employees, including more than 2,100 physicians and advanced practitioners, who serve our patients and communities through the mission of being called to make a healthy difference in people's lives.
Essentia Health is seeking Paramedics to work in multiple locations in Minnesota include: Ada, Fosston, Sandstone, Deer River and Moose Lake to join our Emergency Services Department.
The positions include the following FT, part time, or per diem/PRN/casual statuses:
1.0 FTE or a .6 FTE (24 hours per week) or a .3 FTE (12 hours per week) in Ada
Per Diem/PRN/Casual in Fosston and Deer River
.9 FTE in Sandstone, Deer River, and Moose Lake
EMERGENCY CARE LIKE NOWHERE ELSE
We are invested in this place, these people. That’s why we provide the highest level of emergency care to our local communities. Because when a serious injury happens, every moment matters.
When a serious trauma occurs, getting to the nearest qualified emergency team can make all the difference. At Essentia Health, we have the right people with the right training to provide the highest-level emergency care 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Over 100 employees employing over 130 emergency medical professionals in the following professions:
– Paramedic Leadership
– Emergency Medical Technicians
– Emergency Medical Responders
Over 10,000 emergency and non-emergency responses annually
Over 8,200 patients transported
The Paramedic responds to all emergent and non-emergent calls and/or hospital codes; provides medical support and care for patients in the pre-hospital and/or hospital environment. Assists in the ongoing assessment of patients by identifying the patient’s needs and requirements to determine best course of treatment. Provides advanced medical care and basic life support service to patients using appropriate medical equipment, devices, and treatment modalities. May be requested to provide patient care in the hospital setting performing tasks delegated by the RN based on the scope of the individual’s training and capabilities.
• Minnesota state licensure/certification as a Paramedic or a Registered Nurse authorized to operate as a Paramedic in the appropriate state of practice
• NIMS 100, 200, 700 required
• Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certification required
• Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Certification required
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification (or must obtain within 6 months of hire)
• Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator's license as verified through appropriate licensing agency
• Must meet the driving requirements and criteria acceptable to Essentia Health's insurer
• State Background check must provide clearance to work with vulnerable