Paramedic, Per Diem, Varied Shift
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
Adventist Health Tillamook Regional Medical Center is a
critical access hospital in Tillamook, serving a small community on the
northern Oregon coast. Services include ambulance and emergency services,
clinical outpatient therapy services, imaging, laboratory, medical and surgical
services, intensive care, obstetrics, rehabilitation, home care, hospice and
rural medical offices. Tillamook Regional Medical Center was also recently
named one of the Top 100 Critical Access Hospitals in the United States by iVantage
Health Analytics and The Chartis Center for Rural Health. The Top 100 Critical
Access Hospitals play a key role in providing a safety net to communities
Home of the Tillamook Cheese Factory, the Tillamook area is
home to the famous Three Capes Scenic Loop. On this drive you will find
breathtaking views of the ocean, the Three Arch Rocks, Netarts Bay and Haystack
Rock in Pacific City. No matter where you go in Tillamook, there will be
scenery to be had.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Paramedic who:
Provides emergency care in the pre-hospital environment. Provides advanced-level medical care including evaluation, treatment and stabilization to the ill and injured. Has a comprehensive knowledge base and is able to diagnose and provide care for a broad range of medical emergencies. Responds to calls for emergency medical assistance, such as cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) or bandaging a wound. Assesses a patient's condition and determine a course of treatment. Provides first-aid treatment or life support care to sick or injured patients according to acceptable medical practice standards.
- Provides individualized care plan for patient presentation according to acceptable medical practice standards, issued standing orders, on-line medical control and department policies and procedures.
- Provides emergency care in the pre-hospital environment.
- Participates in continuing/advanced education which demonstrates employee commitment to improving capabilities.
- Conducts emergency medical classes as requested by department manager.
- Administers oral and intravenous medications. Intubates patients or performs surgical airway insertion (cricothyrotomy), and place catheters for venous access such as central venous lines.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Associate's/Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- Three years full time experience in a 911 system: Preferred
- AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider or equivalent: Required
- AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification and AHA Pediatric Advanced Cardiac Life Support (PALS) certification: Required
- National Association of EMTs (NAEMT) or Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) or equivalent : Required
- Emergency Vehicle Operator Certification (EVOC) or equivalent: Required
- Valid Driver's License (DL): Required
- Emergency Medical Training (EMT) certification: Required
- Paramedic license in state of practice: Required