The Patient Care Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Manager/Directors in providing administrative and clinical leadership. Presents self as a dedicated health care professional, patient advocate, mentor and leader. The Patient Care Coordinator provides leadership to the nursing staff, provides training and orientation to new RN employees, enforces policies and procedures, and ensures compliance with JCAHO, HFAP and other regulatory agencies. In addition, he/she functions as a staff nurse.
The Patient Care Coordinator acts as a clinical expert, resource and liaison to ensure quality of care. The Care Coordinator provides oversight under the direction of the Director during their shift for the total nursing care of the patients as identified by the Standards of Nursing Practice and the Illinois State Nurse Practice Act. The Coordinator is a first line leader on the unit. This position is responsible for leading, supporting and coordinating the team in regard to resource allocation, clinical care, customer service, process improvement and communication, to promote excellence in patient care.
Education and/or licensure requirements:
- Up to date CPR certification. CPR certification within 3 months of hire. ACLS as applicable.
- Compliant with PPD requirements.
- Current CPI Certification
- Minimum of two years nursing experience in a hospital setting preferable with emphasis on medical and surgical patients.
- Minimum of 1-2 years supervisory experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in behavioral health preferably inpatient psych.
- Self-Scheduling: 12-Hour Shifts - Days, Evenings or Nights
- Institutions: Teaching Hospital, Level 1 Trauma Center (MSH), Level 2 Trauma Center (HCH)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Long Term Care Insurance, Critical Illness & Accident Insurance, Wellness Program
- 403(b) match
- Flexible Spending, Health Savings accounts and voluntary benefits at group rates
- Train Shuttle
- Legal Protection Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) , Employee Discounts