Patient Care Coordinator - Call Center - Competitive Pay & Excellent Benefits!
POSITION SUMMARYPerform duties to respond to incoming pharmacy calls from patients, prescribers offices, insurance companies, and manufacturers, and employ one call resolution, where appropriate. Effectively resolve all callers concerns and make routine outbound calls to assist current patients and prescribers offices with maintenance of monthly prescription refills. Address related questions and concerns while providing excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion, and safety.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Respond to incoming calls or make outbound calls to current patients and prescribers offices to process medication refills and schedule delivery to ensure continuity and maintenance of therapy while building trusted and enduring customer relationships
- Utilize knowledge of the pharmacy processes and procedures to ensure that callers needs are met, address questions and concerns and escalate issues involving complex clinical matters to clinical team as appropriate
- Utilize personal effectiveness and effective listening to quickly assess caller s needs and use critical thinking skills to determine best resolution
- Communicate financial obligations, copayments and past due balances to patients and process and safeguard credit card transactions
- Facilitate communication between internal team, patients and prescribers offices to support patients therapy compliance through transmittal of status updates, template letters, notifications of triage or transfer, etc.
- Use computer system to locate patients and document case activity, communications and correspondence in computer system to ensure completeness and accuracy of patient contact records
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Must be able to perform the essential job functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
BEHAVIORS/SKILLSPUTS THE CUSTOMER FIRST:Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers expectations, gains customers trust and respect.
COMMUNICATES EFFECTIVELY AND CANDIDLY:Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.ACHIEVES RESULTS THROUGH TEAMWORK:Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.LEADS THROUGH POSITIVE INFLUENCE:Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.COACHES AND DEVELOPS OTHERS:Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.LEADS CHANGE AND INNOVATION:Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.EXECUTES WITH EXCELLENCE:Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
PROVIDES CLEAR AND STRATEGIC DIRECTION:Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
SAFETY AWARENESS:Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED
- Any additional specialized training in general office routines and computer and software operation
- 1 year of experience of telephone high touch, high quality customer service experience involving computer skills
- Superior interpersonal effectiveness, telephone customer service and relationship building skills
- Ability to utilize problem solving and critical thinking to quickly understand what caller is wanting to determine best resolution or person to handle
- Ability to multitask during and between calls to review patient history, job aids, reference material, policies and procedures, as well as document patients records
- Excellent Microsoft Office software skills, including Excel and Outlook in Windows format with demonstrated adaptability to internal pharmacy systems
DESIRED PREVIOUS JOB EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION
- Any prior experience in medical or specialty pharmacy setting
- Pharmacy Technician Certification
POTENTIAL CAREER PATH FROM THIS POSITION
- Lead Patient Care Coordinator
- Supervisor, Patient Care