Patient Care Coordinator (Part Time - 24 Hours) - Concord, CA
Patient Care Coordinator (Part Time - 24 Hours) - Concord, CA(
Job Number: 881485)Description
Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing
your life's best work. SM
Let's face it, no industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to move health care forward than
We're out to use data, technology and people in ways that help drive change and make the health care system work better for everyone. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive and positive. Take this opportunity to work with a Fortune 6 industry leader.
This position is Part time, Weds,
Thurs, Fri 12:30pm - 9pm including weekend rotation. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 5003
Commercial Circle, Concord, CA 94520.
- Core Competencies are streamlined across the organization. All staff - level employees have the same four Core Competencies which address key behaviors that help John Muir Health fulfill our mission, demonstrate our values, and deliver on our brand promise of We Listen, We Explain, and We Work Together as a Team
- Knows and / or anticipates the needs of the patient / customer and matches those needs to available JMH resources and services. Encourages colleagues to take the patient's / customer's point of view in meeting needs, responding to requests, resolving problems, and initiating new services
- Protects the patient / customer's interests by quickly alerting them to potential problems when there may be alternative solutions
- Asks a series of clarifying questions to get to the root of a need, situation, problem, or opportunity. Calls on others to get their perspective, background knowledge, information, and experience
- Anticipates and prepares for questions, reactions, objections, or misunderstanding when key assumptions are not shared
- Adapts communication style and medium to suit both the message and the audience
- Exhibits broad - based thinking by considering the impact that decisions or projects in one area can have on other areas of the organization. Actively seeks to learn about the customer's business priorities and how to support those priorities with interventions and/or solutions
- Demonstrates an open, personal and team commitment to safety and fosters highly reliable performance
- Consistently uses professional, accurate, clear and timely verbal. written, and electronic communication to the patient or customer and other team members
- Creates and / or participates in improvement activities to improve the patient / customer experience, quality of care. customer service, and efficient departmental operations
- Publicly credits others who have performed well, and communicates that team members have made important and valued contributions
- Schedules patient appointments obtaining all patient demographic, insurance diagnosis and procedure information and Verifies accurate insurance plan code assignment
- Informs patients and providers that a necessary authorization has not been obtained or that a procedure is being flagged as not medically necessary and that the patient may need to sign a non - covered services waiver on arrival
- Utilize clinical knowledge to determine if the doctor's order is consistent with the diagnosis provided
- Coordinates appointments for patients with multiple procedures
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of healthcare industry experience
- Ability to pass Epic - Proficiency within 90 days of start date
- Ability to work Part time 24
Hours / Week - Weds, Thurs, Fri 12:30pm - 9pm including weekend rotation
- Previous experience in hospital, surgery or specialty procedure scheduling
- Knowledge of insurance health plans, coverage and authorization process
- 1+ years of Registration - Admitting experience
- 1+ years of Health Information Management - ICD -10 Diagnosis / CPT coding
Careers with OptumInsight.
Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do
your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: patient registration, EHR, medical office, healthcare, insurance, billing, HIPPA, customer service
Job Patient ServicesPrimary LocationUS-CA-ConcordOrganization OI JMH Rev Cycle Front OpsSchedule Full-timeJob Posting