About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For nearly 100 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
In Clayton, NC, we now operate two adjacent pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities that are responsible for fulfilling different steps in our injectable and oral treatment supply chains.
Our Clayton, NC Injectable Finished Products (IFP) facility is a 457,000 square foot aseptic "fill and finish" site that is responsible for producing innovative, injectable diabetes and obesity treatments. When you work at IFP, you’ll join a global network of manufacturing professionals focused on several key, final production processes, including sterile formulation, filling, inspection, device assembly and packaging.
At IFP, our employees are passionate about what they do, knowing their work makes a difference to millions of people who rely on our products every day. After all, producing medicines is a special responsibility.
Join Team Novo Nordisk and help us make what matters.
Payroll lead & subject matter expert (SME). Provides technical & analytical support to the Payroll function for Site Clayton. Leads full scope of Payroll & eTime processing in an efficient, accurate & reliable manner. Acts as escalation point to resolve issues. Ensures compliance with local, state & federal laws. Interacts with all levels of internal & external customers. Provides cross-function support (shared services) to DFP, DAPI-US & OFP-US groups. Provides support to other required initiatives as required.
- Responsible for processing, monitoring & maintenance of payroll data
- Addresses complex tax issues & responds to appropriate agency
- Responsible for payroll systems (eTime & ADP)
- Identifies process improvement initiatives
- Prepares various special pay calculations
- Prepares payroll upload & reports, as needed
- Responsible for employee garnishments, fringes & payments
- Serves as back-up to full scope of payroll
- Responsible for multi-state payroll set up, compliance & processing
- Conducts training on HR systems/payroll practices, as required
- Prepares complex reports to support & comply with government requirements
- Maintains systems to provide accurate reporting
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal & state laws
- Prepares & coordinate payroll transactions to General Ledger
- Responsible for expatriate pay calculations and monitors net pay calculations each pay period
- Ensures proper programming of payroll system for special calculations & compliance, engaging ADP to create change requests & thorough testing of solutions
- Ensures timely follow through on payroll inquiries
- Supports Rewards & Recognition Team to ensure timely 401(k) and HSA funding
- Supports cross-functional team within P&O & other departments, as required
- Provides support & assistance to Finance Team & other general accounting functions
- Provides seamless year-end & year-begin processes
- Ensures accurate 401(k) & benefit data as it relates to payroll by performing regular data audits
- Identifies & manages payroll quality control standards
- Conducts Internal Quarterly 401(k) audits to reconcile with vendor data
- Serves as liaison to internal & external financial auditors
- Responsible for the monthly anniversary rewards program
- Prepares payroll input & reconciliation for company government grants & incentives reporting
- Prepares materials & participates in new hire orientation
- Responsible for absenteeism/absence reporting
- May support aspects of Mobility
- Responsible for annual audit data preparation, including but not limited to the following:
- 401(k) External Audit
- Internal GIA and External minimal controls audit
- Worker’s Comp Payroll Audit
- Other accountabilities/projects, as assigned, in support of P&O Department
- BA/BS degree or equivalent combination of education & experience. FPC/CPP preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of Payroll Processing experience
- Automatic Data Processing (ADP) systems (Workforce Now preferred)
- ADP eTime system
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Basic proficiency in MS Office applications
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Highly motivated & energetic
- High degree of accuracy & attention to detail
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with high volume work load
- Ability to manage multiple tasks & deadlines
- Ability to train others
- SAP/HR system
- ADP Reporting (Workforce Now)
- Prior experience in HR environment a plus
- Multi-state payroll experience
- Proven process improvement & problem-solving skills
- General working knowledge of Human Resources
- Able to develop & manage action plans to achieve targets
Physical & Other Requirements
- Occasionally moves equipment and/or supplies weighing up to 33 pounds within the facility using various body positions
- Constantly operates a computer & other office equipment using hands
- Able to work in an open office environment with the possibility of frequent distraction
- Able to work the hours necessary to support a 24/7 continuous manufacturing operation
- Able to work with a high level of confidentiality. (Mandatory)
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
Novo Nordisk requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Novo Nordisk will consider requests for reasonable accommodation.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.