Responsible for providing perfusion services defined as those functions necessary for the support, treatment, measurement or supplementation of the cardiopulmonary and circulatory system of the patient. Selects the appropriate equipment and techniques to be used. Acknowledges the necessity to participate in ongoing professional and educational development due to evolving technology. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
- Graduate of a cardiovascular perfusion education program.
- Minimum of two years job-related prior experience; pediatrics experience preferred.
- Certification by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion
- Current licensure in the State of TN as a perfusionist.
- Cardiopulmonary (CPR) certification required.