About the Department
The Commercial team leads all sales and marketing efforts for Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI’s) robust portfolio, which includes insulins, analogues, GLP1s, devices, Oral Anti Diabetics (OAD), obesity medications, biopharmaceuticals and new products in the pipeline. As part of the team, you will have frontline exposure to our brand and marketing vision, business strategies, launch and lifecycle plans, and critical market insights that drive our business forward. At Novo Nordisk, we are the world leader in diabetes care and a major player in hemostasis management, growth hormone therapy and hormone replacement therapy. We use our skills, dedication and ambition to help people with diabetes, and we’re looking for individuals who want to do the same. In exchange, we offer the chance to be part of a truly global workplace, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
To develop and lead an obesity sales team in the execution of sales strategies within obesity accounts, utilizing a patient-centric and clinical approach to selling to ensure strong relationships are cultivated and positioning Novo Nordisk as the leader in the obesity care market. Leads the team in developing advocacy among customers around company, brand and clinical goals to support the business goals of the district and overlapping geographies. Coaches and develops direct reports to achieve sales objectives and individual development goals, while managing district budgets and executing at the district level against the regional business plan. Ensures strong ongoing communication between stakeholders to ensure aligned approach with customers and consistent execution of strategies and tactical plans.
Reports to the aligned Regional Business Director (RBD). Manages a district’s sales force and has direct supervisory responsibility for Obesity Care Specialists (OCS). Works closely with aligned RBD, peers and the home office to achieve sales objectives and to ensure the development of people. Other relationships include health care professionals, key accounts, key opinion leaders, co-promotion partners, associations, and field and home office personnel.
- Adhere to the Prescription Drug Marketing Act of 1987 and all related Novo Nordisk policies regarding the judicious use of physician samples and stock items
- Ensure timely and accurate transmission of OCS call data
- Monitor and reinforce the use of the Sales Force Automation System
- Communicate district activity of competitive products through proactive updates to peers, RBD and/or district as directed
- Develop and monitor performance against district budgets
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of administrative requirements
- Monitor district adherence to administrative policies and procedures
- Evaluate appropriate use of district resources to ensure attainment of profitability goals
- Review and approve expense reports
- Continuously improve the knowledge of Novo Nordisk products, competitive products, and management skills through ongoing home study and participation in company sponsored/approved training programs. Consistently model high knowledge and the ability to engage customers in a clinical conversation
- Execute district level account targeting strategy in business unit to fulfil regional account targeting strategy requirements
- Manage district customer needs assessment. management to feed requirements into program development
- Manage the execution of the regional business plan in the district to achieve the fulfilment of Plan objectives/requirements. This includes delivery-of-care system delineation, account targeting, needs assessment, and program implementation
- Oversee district account relationship development/management
- Understands the unique strengths and developmental needs of individuals within the district and actively models, provides feedback and trains them to maximize their potential
- Actively supports and trains their teams to maintain and build knowledge and skills to meet the needs of customers and business
- Document coaching interactions in approved coaching application and demonstrate continuity in coaching conversations within expected timeframe
- Collaborates with OCSs in the coordination, development and delivery of targeted education seminars for healthcare providers on subjects relevant to NNI’s products
- Collaborates closely on initiatives with RBDs, other Obesity District Business Manager (ODBMs), Market Access team and home office counterparts to ensure organizational alignment and synergy
- Oversee district-level coordination between field resources, intra-organization resources and inter-organizational resources
- Ensure plan requirements are met to meet or exceed goals
- Maintains current understanding of the brand and customer strategies and the resources that support them. Facilitates understanding among their team members
- Understand the scientific and clinical underpinnings of brand strategies and the implications and importance of generating advocacy and support for them
Driver must maintain a valid driver’s license. Must be in good standing by not exceeding the Novo Nordisk points threshold assigned based on review of Motor Vehicle Records.
Development of People
Ensure that reporting personnel have 3P forms with annual goals and measurements that are consistent with the priorities of the business, and that interim reviews are held so that their work is focused on those priorities, and they understand their level of accountability for results and the measurement process. Ensure that the individual development plan (IDP) forms include completed learning and aspiration plans and are in place for all reporting personnel to enable the achievement of goals and capability to assume increased levels of responsibility. Manage the application and communication of all Novo Nordisk policies, procedures, and Novo Nordisk Way.
- A Bachelor's degree required from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education; major in Business or Marketing preferred
- 6+ years of progressive pharmaceutical/healthcare sales experience required
- 2+ years district management experience required or specialty product experience through account management of payers, health systems and employers or leading larger scale initiatives which positively impact business
- Demonstrated ability to analyze business and build strategies that reflect marketplace trends and customer needs
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong and lasting relationships with specialty customers and key opinion leaders
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities that positively engage individuals and teams to consistently perform at a high level
- Mastery knowledge of the clinical management of obesity and the range of treatment option
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer /F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 60222BR
State/Provinces: Oklahoma City
Job Category: Sales