The Pharmaceutical Industry Analyst has responsibility for all comparative pharmaceutical and healthcare company insight - both regular tracking and in-depth white paper insights, to support the EMEA Leadership team (President of EMEA and others) in tactical client engagement and on wider Thought leadership
Individual to sit within the EMEA Thought Leadership team
Preferred Location: London
Regular pharma/healthcare company tracking
- Regular key pharma/healthcare company tracking, providing a comprehensive perspective on companies, including their financial, commercial clinical pipeline and overall business performance, including share price and financial perspective. expanding and improving existing Thought Leadership offerings used to analyse major pharmaceutical companies.
- Develop fluency with all relevant IQVIA databases, including MIDAS, Analytics Link, PharmaDeals, and others. Have the ability to put together IQVIA and external data, for example from financial databases such as Pitchbook or Capital IQ, to provide a comprehensive and insightful perspective on pharmaceutical and healthcare companies. Deliver and communicate regular (quarterly or more frequently) tracking of key parameters of company performance. Suggest and deliver new approaches to tracking and communicating company insight, including dashboards, newsletters, etc.
- The individual would do rapid company event response pieces putting IQVIA and other data together when a major company event happens, such as M&A, or for senior executive engagements.
- The individual would be expected to work closely with the senior leadership team on company insight with rapid turnarounds.
Pharmaceutical launch tracking
Developing insights on Pharmaceutical company launches relevant to customer facing teams, liaising across IQVIA to make the analysis of Launch products from IQVIA current and potential clients integrated and effective.
In-depth Thought Leadership on key Pharmaceutical/healthcare company issues
The individual would also work with the rest of the Thought Leadership team as appropriate on strategic pharmaceutical/healthcare company issues - for example, on M&A impacts, R&D investment output, developing materials in the form of white papers,
Background and capabilities
- Might suit an individual with a minimum of two years sell side analytic experience, in a financial institution, preferably in the life science sector.
- Ability to understand and analyse financial data, including company balance sheets, analysts' reports, familiarity with Pitchbook and Capital IQ and other financial databases.
- Prepared to learn and be expert at all IQVIA data sources relevant to companies, including MIDAS, AnalyticsLink, ForecastLink and associated products
- Existing strong pharma or industry insight or willingness to learn and become expert enough to provide therapy area competitive overviews and insight (when related to company competitiveness)
- Strong analytical capabilities working on high pressured rapid turnarounds. Strong presentation development skills and internal and external presentation. Will be working with IQVIA senior management.
- Proven ability to distil and communicate insights and relate company issues to wider healthcare and pharmaceutical issues.
- MBA may be helpful but not mandatory.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com