Pharmacist - Full Time - Adventist Health Howard Memorial - Willits, CA
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
Nestled at the western edge of Little Lake Valley in Willits, California, Adventist Health Howard Memorial features key services including 24-hour emergency care, intensive care, surgery, an orthopedic joint center, diagnostic imaging and laboratory services, to name a few. It is also the first hospital to pilot-test the AMA's 2017 Healthy Food Options in Hospitals policy. Howard Hospital's Nutrition team is serving wellness daily, with fresh fruits and vegetables from the hospital's Commonwealth garden in partnership with the Howard Foundation.
A charming rural town, Willits is considered the "Gateway to the Redwoods" nestled among majestic redwood trees and close to the coastal towns of Fort Bragg and Mendocino. Home to excellent trails and nature areas for hikers, campers and bicyclists, Willits is an outdoor enthusiast's dream. It is also known as the home of the legendary racehorse, Seabiscuit.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Pharmacist who:
Verify and fills orders for medications, monitors patient medication therapies, provide drug information, identifies and troubleshoots potential medication safety hazards, documents all interactions for medical review, and supervises and directs support personnel.
- Processes, enters, verifies, and distributes medication orders within the institution in a timely manner and in compliance with department and hospital policies, as well as Joint Commission and other regulatory guidelines. Actively ensures that medication therapy is efficacious, safe, cost effective, and achieves the best therapeutic outcomes. Assures that medication prescribing is optimal with respect to indication, dose, route, frequency, history of allergy, and does not duplicate or negatively interact with other drugs.
- Conducts and manages daily reports on medication utilization based upon daily rounds to identify, catalogue, and subsequently analyze areas in which medication improvement is needed. Consistently performs quality assurance procedures in related work areas.
- Participates in all pharmacy-related tasks and programs such as clinical rounds, unit based and/or population based medication management activities, remote order verification, and all other areas as directed/necessitated. Expedites changes needed to meet regulatory, accrediting, licensing, and government agency standards and laws.
- Participates in department cost savings. Complies with drug formulary and appropriate documentation.
- Collaborates with appropriate leadership and buyer to purchase, contract, and procure medications and related supplies to ensure that product and vendor selection is based upon the highest medication safety standards.
- Assists in making recommendations on process improvement or development of new pharmacy services.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Graduate of school of pharmacy: Required
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree: Preferred
- One year technical experience: Preferred
- Inpatient clinical pharmacy experience: Preferred
- All licensures and certifications needed to fulfill the duties required of a Pharmacist at the state level: Required
- Registered Pharmacist licensure in state of practice: Required
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.