You're looking for something bigger for your career. How about inventing the future of health care? OptumRx is creating an innovative approach to Specialty Home Infusion. Here you'll find a professional culture where you can use your talent and our resources to make an impact on a huge scale. With better schedules than retail and more reach than any hospital, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere. Take this opportunity to start doing your life's best work.(sm)
What makes your pharmacy career greater with OptumRx? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. As a pharmacist on the Clinical and Pharmacy Operations team, you will perform various duties as it relates to therapy assessment, care planning and departmental communications to streamline efficiencies across the department.
To succeed in this position, a baseline understanding of various infusion related therapies is needed. These functions include interpreting, formulating, and dispensing of infusion and/or specialty drugs for sterile compounding and / or distribution. Pharmacist clinical activities include therapy assessment, care planning and medication reconciliation as they pertain to individual patients and the appropriate monitoring for effective care and positive patient outcome. This is a dynamic work environment and requires flexibility to meet business needs and adaptability to frequent changes. Teamwork is the norm and all employees will be held accountable to work as effective team members.
- Reviews medication orders and evaluates appropriateness and completeness of orders with consideration given to the special needs and behaviors of the specific age group served
- Verifies all prescriptions not directly received from the prescriber or physician's agent
- Provide oversight of the safety; appropriateness, and effectiveness of the pharmaceutical care provide to patients (consumers) as it relates to specialty products dispensed
- Assesses the patient at the initiation of drug therapy, develops a patient care plan and drug monitoring regimen and monitors the patient according to the care plan throughout the course of therapy
- Communicates with the patient, physician, nursing staff, other pharmacists and other members of the health care team regarding patient status, response to therapy and clinical objectives to ensure clinical outcomes are met
- When required, compounds intravenous and specialty pharmaceuticals in an aseptic fashion according to established State Board of Pharmacy, Federal, USP 797 sterile guidelines and company policy. Knowledgeable of the proper use and handling of both sterile and hazardous medications. Compounds and handles sterile and hazardous medications in accordance with established guidelines and regulations
- Ensures compliance with all FDA, DEA, State Board of Pharmacy, OSHA and other regulatory standards. Follows all department policies and procedures
- Provides oversight of pharmacy technician and pharmacy support staff
- BS in Pharmacy or Doctorate of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree
- Pharmacist license in good standing in the State of New Jersey
- Minimum of one year experience with infusion therapies r equired
- Strong drug product and clinical pharmacy knowledge
- Knowledgeable in various infusion related therapies and ability to work through the complexity of therapy related orders
- Ability to fill medication orders accurately and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Participate in the on call rotation and, when applicable, after-hours prescription dispensing
- Computer and typing proficiency is required, including MS Word
- One year or more experience in home infusion therapy
- Experience developing or operationalizing medication clinical guidelines and / or formulary development
- Experience working within a managed healthcare environment
- CPR+ software experience
Careers with BriovaRx Infusion Services. If you choose a career with BriovaRx Infusion Services, you'll join a team that is dedicated not only to delivering the latest in home infusion therapy, but also providing that care in a patient-first approach that offers better outcomes. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we strive to help our patients feel comfortable in their regimen so they can receive the treatment they need while maintaining the lifestyle they prefer. At BriovaRx Infusion Services, you'll join a team that inspires you to do better every day, resulting in your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.